I-HACK Business Consultant
The I-HACK SBDC Consultant is a full-time position in the Small
Business Development Center (SBDC) and is responsible for
consulting with small businesses and entrepreneurs on innovation,
product development, and process improvement related to I-HACK
operations, specifically within the Center for Manufacturing and
Technology.This position is also the SBDC's primary liaison with
manufacturers and production companies for Gannon's College of
Business and Engineering (CEB).
The SBDC values diversity in its workforce and all staff contribute
to the center's efforts to reach and engage increasingly diverse
clients of our region. This position reports to the Director of the
- Consult with small businesses on product development,
technology commercialization, and manufacturing innovation;
including design, prototyping, and sourcing.
- Identify appropriate contacts in manufacturing and production
within organizations that would benefit from I-HACK opportunities
for projects, training, and research. Develop relationships with
key personnel and solicit them for project support. Maintain a
pipeline of sustainable projects and partners. Maintain a database
of industry prospects and contacts.
- Identify and liaise with manufacturers that can provide
projects that fit the parameters of student design projects,
research projects, and internship opportunities in I-HACK.
- Serve as the liaison between partners, I-HACK team, students,
and faculty members before and during the course of project
implementation. Facilitate effective communications among
stakeholders involved in design projects, research projects, and
- Develop consulting engagements in collaboration with I-HACK
team and align outcomes of these services with economic impact
measures such as business formation, job creation and retention,
and capital formation.
- Maintain and monitor detailed records in the SBDC management
information system of consulting activity.
- Collaborate with I-HACK team to ensure assistance is
holistically integrated into and coordinated with other SBDC
- Contribute to Gannon University's commitment to diversity and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SBDC Director.
We offer a generous benefits package for full-time
- Retirement Plan (403b) with 7.5% company match after one year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation time plus 18 paid holidays
- Wellness programs
- Tuition benefit for yourself and eligible dependents
- Professional Development
- Free gym Access
: Gannon University seeks
excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of
underrepresented groups to apply. A review of applications will
begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled.
Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or in
a discipline related to product development.
- Three years of experience in engineering, manufacturing,
product development, project management, technology, or a related
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, time
management, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering design software, manufacturing
processes, and office productivity software.
- Some in-state travel requires a valid US driver’s license, as
well as occasional evening and weekend work to meet center
Business ownership, startup, or other entrepreneurial
experienceExperience in technology commercialization and product
developmentKnowledge of intellectual property topics such as
Small Business Development Ctr
Col. of Engineering & Business
Small Business Development Center
To apply, visit https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/11159