Founded in 1971 as the innovative campus of the State University
of New York (SUNY), Empire State University empowers learners from
diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational goals. We have
decades of experience providing educational access through online
teaching and learning, individualized instruction, mentoring, and
prior learning assessment. We build on our students' experiences to
promote their growth and drive upward mobility and economic
development in New York state and beyond. SUNY Empire's 97,000
alumni are teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their
communities and their fields. Visit www.sunyempire.edu
and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive
academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is
critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and
work in an increasingly global world.
Empire State University is currently seeking a Digital
Accessibility Coordinator (State title: Senior Staff Assistant) to
support the need for the university to provide accessible digital
content, including online courses, website, and digital documents,
following electronic information technology accessibility (EITA)
processes and policies. The incumbent will collaborate with
instructional designers, instructional technologists, and other
professionals at the university on assessing accessibility of
online courses, supporting website accessibility, training others
in various aspects of accessibility, researching software and
accessibility projects, and providing assistance to the EITA
Officer and EITA Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for online course accessibility reviews and
remediation, including both proactive review of online courses and
resolution of critical issues.
- Assist with the review of high impact publications and training
when requested and communication of accessibility recommendations
to content creators.
- Review Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT) and
create reports of main issue areas.
- Create and maintain documentation for projects and activities
- Develop and conduct presentations, workshops discussions, and
other meetings as appropriate in the area of digital
- In conjunction with EITA staff conduct web research on
policies, laws, and processes related to EITA.
- Knowledge of Assistive Technologies (AT) used by people with
- Assisting students with accessibility-related concerns.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience working in
education/higher education settings with experience in
instructional/educational technology, accessibility, special
education, or project management.
- Proficiency in a variety of educational technologies, including
learning management systems, and other tools used in higher
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies used by people with
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize, categorize, and prioritize workload
effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Understanding of universal design, accessibility, and assistive
technologies in higher education.
- Ability to foster cooperative relationships with a diverse
academic community, including instructional designers and
- Master's degree in education, special education, or
instructional technology/design, or related academic field.
- Ability to use assistive technologies to test software
applications used by students and staff.
- Accessibility certification, such as DHS Trusted Tester or
International Association of Accessibility Professionals.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology,
technology-mediated learning, and learning theory.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
- SUNY Empire provides employees with robust remote and flexible
work options to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff in a
dispersed work environment.
Rank/Salary: SL3/ $53,500+, dependent on
experience and qualifications.
Empire State University is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit
package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and
vision, competitive retirement options, and generous vacation, sick
and holiday accruals; and a strong emphasis on work-life
balance. We also offer professional-development activities
for professionals and support staff.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT www.sunyempire.edu/safety-security.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted
until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to
login to your Empire State University Employment Account
to check your completed application or to update your account.