DSU’s athletic programs are RISING! Join our team as we launch women’s soccer as a new sport. We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead the way! Dakota State University competes in the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) of the NAIA. DSU currently offers 13 sports; 6 for men and 6 for women and 1 coed. This 12 month position reports directly to the Athletic Director.
- Recruit talented athletes for our inaugural women’s soccer team.
- Plan and schedule competitions for the season.
- Coach and mentor individual players to improve their skill and performance.
- Develop and implement game strategies by analyzing opponents and game footage.
- Develop strong culture that grows and supports the student-athlete, academically and athletically.
- Stay informed about and ensure compliance with NAIA or other governing body rules and regulations. This includes eligibility requirements, recruiting rules, and other guidelines that govern the athletic department and program.
- Monitor the academic progress of the team and individual student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of previous college soccer coaching and recruiting experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a passion for the profession and a strong commitment to student-athlete success.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends; including traveling with the team.
- Must have exemplary ethical conduct and a commitment to follow all applicable NAIA and North Star Conference rules and regulations.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid time off, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a list of at least three professional references.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.