Job Specification Information
Job Posting Number
Program Management Specialist- Research and Sponsored
Regular or Contingent II
Desired Start Date
$43,404 - $57,503
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides office management support to the Office of Research and
· Schedules office meetings, appointments; and other events and
orders supplies and equipment for the office;
· Maintains calendar for the Assistant Vice President for
· Responds to Office inquiries from internal and external
· Manages and tracks mail (hard copy and email) and responds to
moderately complex inquiries including status requests from PIs and
· Provides event planning support including logistics and project
· Makes referrals to pertinent staff, academic departments and
· Maintains manual and automated record- keeping filing systems for
mail and other office records;
· Sorts and files documents; operates office equipment such as
computers, calculators, facsimile machines and photocopiers;
· Collects, compiles, and analyzes pertinent data for internal and
external reporting purposes.
· Assists with monitoring and reporting on grants and contracts
that are administered by ORSP
· Develops and processes requisitions, budget forms, travel
requests and reimbursements, and other documents for the
· Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries and
preparing travel requests and reimbursement requests, compiling
documents for travel related meetings for office staff;
· Designs and developing documents such as periodic newsletter and
office announcements; assisting in collating and maintaining office
procedures and the ORSP grants manual;
· Reconciles monthly university credit card account(s)
· Performs duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President or
These are the job duties for required of the position
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Minimum two (2) years of experience in administrative or project
management work required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Conditions of Employment
- Experience in an office setting with office support and project
- Demonstrate strong writing and oral communication and
- Have the capability to use new technology to increase
productivity for the office.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic and
Interact with all levels of staff, faculty, administrators and
- Ability to proofread and edit written documents.
- Skill in various computer software packages including word
processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation programs,
internet, email and calendaring software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
and to interact in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple and continuing
assignments with general instructions.
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are encouraged but not
required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State
University. This protocol is subject to change.
This is a union position.
Bowie State University offers an excellent benefits package! This
includes tuition remission including eligible dependents; choice of
medical/vision plans, Carefirst BC/BS, United Health Care and
Kaiser plans, dental, prescription, and life insurance, training
and development, EAP ; and as eligible generous leave package
including sick/bereavement, annual, personal; and winter and spring
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in
administrative or project management work?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application