Student Account Specialist
Susquehanna University is the future-ready institution for today,
invested in cultivating intellectual grounding, active learning and
global citizenship for all students. Renowned as one of the finest
U.S. national liberal arts colleges, Susquehanna inspires and
challenges 2,200 enterprising, bright-minded students studying the
arts, business, humanities and sciences. Our students seize
opportunities through exceptional worldwide internships,
expert-guided research and an acclaimed study-abroad program,
leading to a transformative education that empowers each graduate
to realize their unique potential and lead a successful and
The Susquehanna River Valley with its fresh air and overall
pleasant year-round climate, provides four distinct seasons amidst
a backdrop of vibrant autumn foliage, occasional winter snowfalls,
flower-filled springs and warm summer evenings illuminated by
fireflies. Nearby outdoor recreational areas for hiking, kayaking,
fishing and skiing — and the bustling cultural and commerce hubs of
New York City, Washington D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia within a
three-hour drive — present abundant opportunities for learning and
The Student Account Specialist within
Student Financial Services (SFS) advises students and families in
all matters related to their student (financial) accounts at
Susquehanna University. This includes, but is not limited to, the
application of tuition and other educational charges, payment
plans, student loans, veteran's educational benefits, external
scholarships, and other types of financial aid to their student
account. This is a non-exempt position as defined by FLSA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Answers incoming phone calls according to established schedule;
responds to walk-in inquiries from students and families as
- Performs billing for all student accounts on behalf of the
university; requires collaboration with various offices on campus
and applicable external vendors.
- Works closely with Office of Cross-Cultural Programs to ensure
timely and accurate billing of GO program costs; coordinates
financial aid for off-campus studies.
- Adheres to established, semester-based communication plan for
new and returning students; collaborates with SFS members to ensure
consistency in messaging.
- Acts as module lead for Colleague AR and CR; includes
troubleshooting, testing upgrades, reconciliation, applying
educational charges and disbursing financial aid to student
accounts, maintaining system documentation, and training
- Administers annual 1098-T process.
- Administers weekly Aramark / Dining Services meal plan
- Aids prospective and upper-class student financial aid
application process; includes recording receipt of application
materials (FA Authorization & Responsibility form).
- Reviews, posts, and reconciles all miscellaneous charges for
student accounts; requires collaboration with other offices on
- Works closely with the AVP of Student Financial Services to
provide various analyses related to student account receivables;
prepares Billing Analysis; provides comparative data related to
budget process; reports on other metrics as requested.
- Reconciles EIIA student health insurance reports; ensures
accurate billing of international and domestic student health plan
- Works with SFS team to maintain accurate procedure
- Works with SFS team to ensure student accounts are resolved
prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Attends Enrollment events as needed; weekend or evening hours
may be required.
- Maintains a commitment to service excellence in all
- Contributes to the overall success of Student Financial
Services and the university by performing other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
Education Bachelor’s or associate degrees
- Knowledge of regulations related to financial aid and student
- Demonstrate skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to
write clear, concise letters, and emails; ability to effectively
communicate with students and parents while maintaining patience,
tact, and professionalism.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts in a timely and
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional
and ethical manner.
- Analyze/interpret data, manage data workflows, and solve
problems within established policies and procedures in a
high-volume service environment.
- Work evenings and weekends on occasion. Must be able to attend
professional conferences in the field of student financial
High school diploma or equivalent is
required in combination with relevant job experience.
One year of office experience is
required. Experience in student financial aid or student accounts
receivable is strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
- Remains in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Operates a computer, scanner, calculator, copier, fax machine
- Frequent communication with students and families who have
inquiries about their tuition bill or financial aid package; must
be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift items
weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Position requires occasional interaction with students and
Number of Months:
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Open Until Filled:
Anticipated Start Date:
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/3713