About the Thomas R. Kline School of Law
Founded in 2006, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law at Drexel
University offers an ABA-accredited Juris Doctor (J.D.) program in
law, together with other graduate programs in law. In 2022 Kline
became only the fourth law school in the U.S. to offer an
undergraduate major in law. This position is in connection with the
Kline Law undergraduate program.
The adjunct faculty member is responsible for implementing the
mission of the Kline School of Law. To that end, each adjunct
faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to foster
student learning and discussions, will evaluate student work, and
will provide students with feedback as to their progress toward
meeting the course learning objectives. Each adjunct faculty member
is responsible for creating a syllabus in accordance with
University guidelines, teaching the course section, being available
to students (e.g., responding to email inquiries), maintaining
accurate documentation of course records to justify grades
submitted, submitting student grades in accordance with University
policy, and any other duties directly related to the course as
assigned by the
Associate Dean for Undergraduate
Education. Responsibilities may include teaching days, evenings,
and nights; except in unusual circumstances, we expect courses will
be taught in-person.
- Develop and teach undergraduate course in law.
- Teach required number of credit hours per term based on their
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the teaching of
law, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes
related to law.
- Schedule two office hours per week for student availability, if
- Maintain communication with the Associate Dean for
Undergraduate Education regarding any course or student
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates will hold a Ph.D. with significant
coursework focused on law and/or a J.D.
- Prior undergraduate teaching experience is highly desirable but
University City, Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin and continue until a suitable
candidate pool is identified.
Feb 6 2024 Eastern Standard Time
Apr 6 2024 Eastern Daylight Time