Secretary - Villa Maria School of Nursing
The Secretary provides secretarial and administrative support for
an academic or administrative unit(s). The successful candidate
will be responsible for general secretarial and clerical duties,
including data entry, support of program accreditation activities,
communication with current and prospective students, faculty, and
other internal and external campus partners, and other duties
related to the application of departmental policies and procedures.
Must be able to support and promote the University's Mission.
This position will be responsible for the following essential
- Accurately and independently prepare communications and reports
for assigned academic unit(s), including accreditation and clinical
- Prepare and maintain accurate student, faculty, and program
files/data consistent with accreditation and university
- Prioritize task initiation and completion consistent with the
needs of the university and academic unit(s), considering
criticality and complexity of the task.
- Provide assigned academic unit(s) assistance with management of
purchases, expenses, inventory, and budget data; monitors and
maintains budget and inventory related documentation.
- Assist academic unit(s) and student body with inquiries, data
(as appropriate), exam proctoring, and onboarding requirements for
- Facilitate necessary and accurate communication to and among
university offices to support seamless operations and service to
our students, employees, guests, and community partners.
- Assist academic unit(s) with event planning and coordination;
available as necessary for university event assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope
responsibility and requirements of the job.
We offer a generous benefits package for full-time
- Retirement Plan (403b) with 7.5% company match after one year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation time plus 18 paid holidays
- Wellness programs
- Tuition benefit for yourself and eligible dependents
- Professional Development
- Free gym Access
: Gannon University seeks
excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of
underrepresented groups to apply. A review of applications will
begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled.
Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
: Educational background equivalent to a
high school degree/GED.
Three years of general secretarial
experience with a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft
Office products and office equipment (e.g., computer, copier
Must possess the following skills:
excellent verbal, written, proofreading, and organizational skills;
the ability to read and comprehend work orders, written
instructions, and procedure manuals; the ability to transcribe
correspondence and enter data into records and logs with accuracy;
the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; the ability
to multitask and prioritize responsibilities, seeking direction
regarding courses of action; the ability to research and compile
data; and the ability to interpret and communicate policy as
Must be able to support and
promote the University’s Mission.
An associate’s degree in business is
Experience in a college or university
environment is preferred.
Villa Maria School of Nursing
Col.Health Professions & Sci.
School of Health Professions
To apply, visit https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/11342