Web Design Coordinator
The University Web Design Coordinator is responsible for the
creation and maintenance of content for the University website and
its sub-sites, including visual design, usability, and
collaborating with stakeholders on content creation. This position
promotes improvements to the site by examining web analytics,
industry trends, and features to improve the SEO ranking of the
university. This position is University marketing focused,
providing guidance to stakeholders on ways to present information
to prospective students, parents, and community members, that
promote the vision and mission of the University. The Web Design
Coordinator is required to work closely with the Technology
Services department for updates to the CMS, web server maintenance,
and campus communications tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Create and maintain content for the University site and
- Develop innovative visual design concepts.
- Track and monitor web analytics, industry trends and project
- Work alongside colleagues in Technology Services to manage the
CMS and integrate third-party applications.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus to promote the
mission and vision of the University through dynamic web
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Web page design and development
- Content management systems, especially WordPress
- Graphic design applications, including InDesign and other Adobe
Creative Suite applications
- Strong visual storyteller using multiple mediums
- Google Analytics and SEO
- Project management, time management and task
- Effective communication skills
- Experience in responding to and managing stakeholders’ design
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design, or related
- Two years of web design or web programming experience.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Skilled in UX/UI (user experience/user interface) design
- Extensive experience with SEO and Google Analytics
- Skilled in creating and maintaining accessible web content
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to
sit, stand, and bend at the knee and waist, and walk.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger
movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on
computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Hours of Work
M-F 8:00am – 4:30pm
Position will be open to remote or hybrid work schedules.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled