Graphic Design Coordinator
The Graphic Design Coordinator at Missouri Western is an
imaginative leader who thrives in a team environment and delivers
creative work from initial concepts to finished designs. The ideal
candidate is a collaborator who can handle a fast-paced environment
and manage multiple projects at once. Our Graphic Design
Coordinator should have an eye for clean design and knowledge of
design techniques, tools, and principles. As a member of the
Marketing and Communications team, the Graphic Design Coordinator
will play a crucial role in executing the University’s marketing
strategy and defending our brand. The person in this role has the
opportunity to make a lasting impact and join a team that works
hard and has fun.
Creates a wide variety of marketing materials to build and expand
the university’s brand and communicate key messages to on- and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design high-quality suitable print and digital collateral;
maintain high-quality standards of design for the university.
- Monitor and advise on brand use (internally and
- Create and maintain brand guidelines; provide advice on best
- Process and advise on print jobs to off-campus vendors; create
files suitable for high-quality printing; write specifications for
printing as needed.
- Work with purchasing and outside vendors, evaluating bids as
- Oversee the production of printed materials; check proofs.
- Maintain and organize digital archives of all print job files
and photo/graphic files, ensuring that back-ups are created of all
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute marketing and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design.
- Strong visual storyteller using multiple mediums.
- Knowledge of the university brand.
- Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range
of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Knowledge of printing and reproduction procedures and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Google
- Organized thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as
concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible in changing circumstances.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design,
Commercial Art, or a related field.
- Must have three to five years of experience in graphic design,
including specific experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to
sit, stand, and bend at the knee and waist, and walk.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger
movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on
computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Hours of Work
M-F 8:00am – 4:30pm
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled