S & H (1161)
The primary responsibility of all faculty of the University is
the scholarly teaching of students in the courses and sections that
are assigned. Husson is seeking to compile a pool of qualified
candidates interested in future part-time teaching opportunities in
mathematics. Such opportunities are dependent upon the needs of the
University.Assignments may require teaching day or evening classes.
This position is for on-campus instruction.
Examples of Duties
Note: This position is for on-campus instruction.
- Teaching courses fall and spring semesters in mathematics
(algebra, pre-calculus, calculus, or statistics as needed) in a
- Assisting and supporting students beyond the classroom by
holding regular or virtual office hours
- Working collegially with other faculty in the area to develop
and use common syllabi, course materials, and assessment
- Using instructional technology, especially the Canvas LMS,
Husson G-Suite applications, the efaculty portal, and
- Assessing and reporting student performance
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings, retreats, and
trainings as needed.
- Following the policies and procedures set forth the Husson
University Faculty Handbook and other institutional documents
Education: Master’s Degree in mathematics or a related field;
Experience: Successful teaching experience at the college level
preferred. Demonstrated dedication to improving classroom teaching,
exploring new methods, and adapting to student needs. Demonstrated
ability to work well as a part of a team.
1 College Circle Bangor, Maine, 04401 Bangor, ME,