DSU’s athletic programs are RISING! We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach. Dakota State University competes in the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) of the NAIA. DSU currently offers 13 sports; 6 for men and 6 for women and 1 coed. This 12 month position reports directly to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Design and implement programs to meet the specific needs and goals of the athletes and various sports programs.
- Attend and coach various strength and conditioning practices and competitions as needed to support coaches and athlete performance, health, and wellness.
- Conduct assessments to identify any areas of improvement for a student athlete.
- Assess the progress of athletes and track metrics including gains in strength, speed, etc.
- Integrate injury prevention techniques into programs and work in partnership with Athletic Training staff on injury-specific rehab.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in exercise science, sports administration or other sports/exercise-related field.
- A nationally accredited certification in strength and conditioning by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA); Specifically, either the NSCA CSCS and/or the CSCCA SCCC
- At least 1 year of experience in a strength and conditioning coach role.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for the profession and a strong commitment to student-athlete success.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends; travel with teams if time allows.
- Must have exemplary ethical conduct and a commitment to follow all applicable NAIA and North Star Conference rules and regulations.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Masters Degree in Exercise Science or a related field is preferred.
- Current USA-Weightlifting certification.
- Experience with return to play protocol within a high school or collegiate setting.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid time off, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.