DSU’s athletic programs are RISING! We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Football Coach. Dakota State University competes in the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) of the NAIA. DSU currently offers 13 sports; 6 for men and 6 for women and 1 coed. The position reports directly to the Head Football Coach.
- Coaches a position group.
- Research competitor offensive and defensive plays.
- Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Communicate and collaborate with departments across campus to ensure student-athlete success.
- Monitor academic progress of the team and individual student-athletes.
- Mentor student athletes through academic and athletic challenges.
- Participate in fundraising events.
- Off-season game management for other DSU sports.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years of previous experience coaching at the collegiate or high school level.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and travel as required.
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate and assess student-athletes’ skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to student-athlete success.
- Must have exemplary ethical conduct and a commitment to follow all applicable NAIA and North Star Conference rules and regulations.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid time off, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a list of at least three references.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.