Grinnell College is currently seeking an energetic, motivated, and well-organized Administrative Assistant III for the Office of the Treasurer. The Administrative Assistant III performs advanced and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge. Likely to be the first point of contact for individuals and organizations interacting with the Treasurer’s Office, the Assistant is expected to provide excellent communication, analytical, and logistics support, both in-person to visitors of the Treasurer’s Office and in e-mail and phone interactions. The Assistant must be able to handle inquiries and route them to the appropriate parties. The Assistant’s work requires tact, discretion, customer service, a collaborative spirit, an ability to prioritize, critical judgement, and efficiency. The Assistant reports to and works daily with VP for Finance/Treasurer of the College and will provide logistics and analytical support to members of the Treasurer’s team. The Assistant is expected to develop a thorough understanding of the Vice President’s preferences, responsibilities, business cycles, and methods. Must have the ability to deal with ambiguity and the need to be flexible. The Assistant must also be well-versed in the College’s mission, policies, procedures, and responsible persons at all levels of the organization.
- Manage the Vice President’s and AVP’s calendar, including scheduling appointments and coordinating requests for meeting, making travel arrangements as needed. Assist with preparation of credit card statements, travel vouchers, expense reports. Track critical dates/deadlines to ensure compliance with regulations, timely reporting, attentive project management with effective follow-up. Manage the logistics for meetings of campus committees and task forces led by the Vice President, as well as Treasurer’s team meetings. Assist with preparation of materials for the Board of Trustees, Board committees, and campus committees and task forces. Maintain the SharePoint sites for committees and task forces led by the Vice President. Maintain the website for Treasurer’s Office. Monitor the Treasurer’s budgets and track actual vs. budget status. Review expenditures and coordinate with Accounting and the Vice President to question and/or transfer miscoded charges. Serve as back up to accounts payable and student accounts. Assists accountants with entry level accounting
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Five years or more executive level experience or equivalent combination of higher education and experience
- Commitment to the College’s articulated mission and core values
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Highest level of confidentiality maintained.
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite applications, Teams, and WebEx
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- Excellent written and oral communications skill, including grammar and spelling.
- Associate degree
- Proven communicator with the ability to effectively utilize various modes of communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, frequent interruptions, and exercise independent judgment.