UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an
editorially-independent community service of the University of
KCUR is seeking a Weekend Announcer, who will also have some
regular production duties. Responsibilities include board
operation; live announcing; recording, editing and dubbing KCUR
programs; promo writing; web posting; and other duties as
- Works as Weekend Announcer for Saturday and Sunday afternoon
- Fill in as needed for announcer shifts.
- Work collaboratively with KCUR volunteers, producers, talk show
hosts, reporters and anchors on the production of local music
programs, national magazine shows, and local talk shows.
- Create audio and text image promos for shows aired on
- Contribute to KCUR’s website and social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
The weekend shifts are Saturday, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, 12
p.m. to 7 p.m.
An Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Anticipated Hiring Range
- Work experience as a live radio announcer.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, education or
related field required; or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge,
skills and abilities.
- Experience operating broadcast equipment, including audio
boards, digital editing systems, field recording devices, and other
- Composure and delivery skills associated with live and recorded
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple
projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented
- Expertise in technical execution of multiple elements within a
- Experience editing on deadline with Adobe Audition or similar
- Ability to write copy for radio.
- Familiarity with KCUR programming and enthusiasm for public
- Knowledge and experience with social media.
- Ability to provide prior work or voice samples, or to
create/emulate work or voices samples upon request.
Up to $20.00 per hour commensurate on education, experience, and
For best consideration apply by November 26, 2023
This is a part time (15-20 hours per week), non-benefit eligible
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals
in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the
Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research, and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies
to all employment decisions including, but not limited to,
recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits,
disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit
or call Human
Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity
& Title IX at 816-235-6910.