Volunteer - Adult Education Tutor
Posting Number S00861 Position Title Volunteer - Adult Education Tutor Internal Position Title Department Adult Education Position Type Volunteer Job Family Volunteer Job Summary
The Volunteer Adult Education Tutor, under the supervision of the Student Services and Instructional Support Manager, provides tutoring individually and in small groups to students in adult education classrooms.
1. Associate’s degree or higher.
2. Must be able to communicate well in English.
3. Tutor training and/or experience.
4. Experience and appreciation working with people from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher.
2. Computer literacy.
3. Adult Education experience.
Posting Date 08/30/2018 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
The volunteer tutor will be able to select where and when they would like to volunteer. There will be classes at all three campuses (Grayslake, Waukegan, Vernon Hills) and also 11 extension sites in the Lake County community.
Pay Rate N/A Full-Time/Part-Time Volunteer Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 1-20 Work Schedule
Varies depending on class assignments
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Provide individual or small group tutoring in ABE / ASE / ESL as required by instructor. 2. Follow instructor lessons and class guidelines.
3. Maintain communication with instructor and program regarding student progress.
4. Work with instructor and program to recognize and adapt to the changing needs of the student.
5. Focus tutoring on the student and program goals, learning outcomes and instructor identified needs.
6. Communicate any questions and concerns to the instructor.
7. Assist the student in setting and updating short term and long term goals.
8. Motivate the students using positive reinforcement and encouragement.
9. Maintain consistent attendance and notify program and instructor if you are going to be absent.
10. Follow all Adult Education Division and CLC policies and procedures.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have the ability to communicate well in English?
- * Do you have tutor training and/or experience?
- * Do you have the experience and appreciation for working with
people from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have basic computer literacy skills?
- * Do you have previous experience in Adult Education?
- Availability Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3