ABOUT GRINNELL COLLEGE
Grinnell College is a private liberal arts college located in Grinnell, Iowa and is ranked #11 on the U.S. News and World Report’s list of Best National Liberal Arts Colleges. Grinnell College is a top ranked Liberal Arts institution that values diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, intellectual freedom, and social responsibility. We seek candidates that align with these values and have the ability and desire to advance our values and belonging within our community and the communities we engage. Ideal candidates will be prepared to collaborate and contribute to the mission and values of the college across all constituencies.
Are you experienced in advising students in their educational journey in Off-Campus study, if so the role of Assistant Director of Off-Campus Studies might be your perfect fit. The Assistant Director supports the work of the Director of Off Campus Studies and is responsible for managing a significant program portfolio, providing advising to students before, during and after their off-campus study experiences during the semester, academic year, and summer. This position also develops and leads various promotional, pre-departure and re-entry events, collaborating with partners on and off campus to enhance best practices. They will play a leading role in ensuring effective use of database management. In addition, this position plays a pivotal role in designing and implementing marketing and outreach strategies. The Assistant Director will be assisting the Director with assessment and administrative responsibilities.
Student Advising-holistic, empathetic, realistic guidance before, during and after off-campus study. Event Management-plan and lead pre and post departure, including outreach and informational sessions. Data Management-reviewing applications, maintaining records. Policy and Procedures-working with the Director, advisory board and program advisors to clarify and enhance existing documentation. Provide administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Three years or more experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting college students in an advisory capacity
- Champions Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Planning and organizing skills; strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with individual from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Master’s degree with strong international content in educational subject area
- 3-5 years work experience in education abroad field, previous engagement with NAFSA and/or Forum on Education Abroad
- Previous event management skills including public speaking and marketing
- Data base management skills, experience with Terra Dotta a plus
- Knowledge of liberal arts and Global South