Digital Stewardship Coordinator
James Madison University
The Digital Stewardship Coordinator serves as a member of the
Office of Donor Relations team and is a staff member within the
division of University Advancement with full-time responsibilities
within the Unit of Advancement Planning and Operations. The
Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Associate
Director of Donor Stewardship. Duties are executed according to the
policies and procedures of University Advancement.
The position's core responsibility is to positively reinforce the
philanthropic effort of donors, and assure their continued interest
in and affection for the University by developing digital
stewardship and engagement opportunities for donors.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Stewardship (65%).
Act as lead project manager for digital donor stewardship and
• Utilize donor and financial databases and related technology
tools to support stewardship and recognition of donors.
• Responsible for producing meaningful digital communication to
donors such as emails, invitations and event registration,
stewardship reports, webinars, and other virtual engagement
• Contribute to and edit content on the Donor Relations and
Advancement Resources website as needed.
• Utilize data analytics to support decision making for future
• Manage donor records and documents to ensure the rich history of
donors are preserved.
2. Special Projects (25%).
Work with internal and academic partners to develop and execute
customized stewardship for donors.
• Create messaging that is synchronized with university
• Establish and administer a sustainable process for recognizing
diverse segmentations of our donor base.
• Implement processes to verify data integrity within our donor
• As requested, coordinate and participate in special donor events
• Other projects as requested by the Director of Donor
3. Function as a member of the Donor Relations management team
• Provide regular statistical reports on the status of program
• Work collaboratively with division and campus partners to execute
strategies that achieve maximum program success.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of donor relations best
• Attend department, unit and division meetings as requested.
• Should be apprised of new developments, practices and trends in
the field of stewardship/fundraising.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to deal effectively and sensitively with diverse populations.
• Demonstrate skills/experience in editing and proofreading of
various media, print, email or web, etc.
• Excellent time management skills and use of effective tracking
methods to complete work and projects.
• Demonstrate high level of quality assurance measures and best
• Strong skills in graphic design preferred with experience in
• Proficient software skills in Microsoft Office products (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrate skills/experience in digital platforms such as
Advance, iModules, OnBase, Cascade and/or other CRM
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills that demonstrate
respect for others, support for department and organizational goals
and the ability to work as part of a team.
• On occasion, willingness to work flexible hours, including
evenings, and weekends.
• Non-profit experience, preferably in an area within higher
education advancement or in related fields if the experience
transfers effectively to the requirements of the position.
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/15828
or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S3425.
Maximum Starting: $45,150
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed
to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and
educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination.
This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on
the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, national origin, parental status, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran