Wingate is one of the fastest-growing independent universities in
the state, serving more than 3,400
students on two campuses. At Wingate, we are committed to an
inclusive and welcoming environment
for working, learning, and living. As an equal employment
opportunity employer, we respect each
individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills,
and experiences within our workforce.
Wingate’s main campus is located on 500+ acres of beautiful
landscape and is only 25 minutes from
the Charlotte metropolitan area. Learn more at University in
Charlotte, NC | Quick Facts About Wingate.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Vice President
for Advancement Operations and Annual Campaigns, this position is
responsible for efficiently and effectively managing the
operational aspects of Advancement Services, including gift entry
and processing, database management, data integrity, and reporting.
The position also assists in liasing between Advancement,
Information Technology Systems and the Business Office.
● Oversee daily functions of the Advancement database including
data imports, data hygiene,
reporting and employee training.
● Enter and post gifts, generate receipts, and prepare daily gift
reports. Assist with monthly and
annual gift reporting. Maintain gift documentation files.
● Work closely with the Business Office to establish new gift
accounts, resolve any
reconciliation issues; and respond to audit requests.
● Manage internal and external relationships to support advancement
matching gift verification
● Manage the input of accurate constituent records in the database
using the suite of research,
information and data management programs available. Prepare and
execute accurate imports
for data record updates as needed.
● Supervise work-study students, including making assignments and
● Support overall Advancement operations by ensuring best practices
are followed in regard to
data integrity and hygiene, proper gift entry and acknowledgement
protocols, and policies and
● Regular, predictable attendance on campus.
● Alignment with University mission, vision, and strategic
● Other job duties/responsibilities may be assigned.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software applications,
including Word and Excel, or Google
Suite (Google Docs and Google Sheets).
Assistant Director of Advancement Services
Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws
prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a
person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over
40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a
reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate
University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with
Disabilities Act and its amendments. Wingate University expressly
prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability
or veteran status. At this time, we are currently seeking
candidates with legal authorization to work in the U.S.
WINGATE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES
● Organization, prioritization, judgment and problem-solving skills
● Must possess good communication, writing, and proofreading skills
with a high degree of
● Knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices and
bookkeeping or general accounting
principles is also required.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
● Commitment to actively support and advance DEI initiatives.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with 3-5 years of office experience,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Experience with fundraising and relationship management platforms
(ex: Raiser’s Edge)
● Knowledge of CASE reporting guidelines and IRS charitable
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
How to apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information
for 3 references to Human
Resources at Recruitment (adp.com). In the letter of interest,
please address the opportunities this role
has to support Wingate University’s dedication to diversity, equity