You must provide exceptional customer service in all job
- Coordinate semester billing process and billing communications,
including Nelnet eBill.
- Process and record student and remittance payments, accurately
process, record, and reconcile cash receipts, and process credit
card payments in accordance with privacy practices.
- Work with Library and Instructional Technology Services to
ensure student financial information is accurate and up to
- Assist students with special circumstances and back balances
with payment plans.
- Collaborate with Finance and Administrative Services and 3rd
party servicers to coordinate collection assignments, collections,
and account write-offs.
- Coordinate adjustments for bankruptcy and other settlements and
management of accounts assigned to collection agencies.
- Stay up to date with State/Federal Collection Regulations.
- Process chargebacks and invoices
- Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental
policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
Minimum of 3-6 months in Student Services or Customer Service
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of accounts receivable and collections processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic
- Ability to learn technological applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly quality-focused service
environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may
periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to Carthage College’s mission and goals.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and
specifications of the position.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving
Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best
liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs,
transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from
dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre
arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate
students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is
consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton
Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World
Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of
our students, as we work together to create an environment where
all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a