Job Posting Information
Job Posting Number
Advancement Services Coordinator
Regular or Contingent II
Contingent II (more than 6 mos)
Desired Start Date
$70,000 - $75,000
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists the Director in identifying and evaluating new
technological solutions that may help increase the efficiency of
existing processes or strengthen the Office of Advancement’s
abilities to derive insights from data.
· Works with the Director to strengthen a culture of data-driven
decision making within the division.
· Provides technical leadership on data and systems for analytics
team projects, including defining data sources, definitions,
cleaning data, etc.
· Provides assistance in the preparation of fundraising metrics and
analysis to guide development and fundraising strategies.
· Works with the Director in ensuring that the Philanthropy
Engagement team is trained and constantly challenged to develop
professionally by infusing best practice and new technology skills
· Responsible for working with the Director to maintain a project
intake template, key performance indicators, and tracking system.
Responds to time-dependent and urgent data and reporting requests
from team members and senior leadership.
· Supports the Director in working with internal clients to define
project objectives, set up timelines, implement measurable goals,
and manage delivery of final project materials to clients.
· Develops a thorough understanding of all relevant database
systems, data flows, structure, content, and ways to improve upon
· Works with the Director to ensure that the overall work of the
OAS team is consistently accurate, executed to a high degree of
professionalism, but also produced efficiently.
· Remains current with Higher education and private sector best
practices related to business analytics, performance dashboards and
KPIs, campaign feasibility analysis, etc.
· Performs data entry and uploads, including manual edits and batch
· Create and assign codes to properly track appeals, activities,
mailing lists, and alumni engagement with BSU .
· Ensures the highest standards of data accuracy and integrity in
Ellucian Advance by maintaining and updating data related to donors
and alumni, and the running of quality control and data integrity
Ensures that documentation related to gifts and donors is
appropriately preserved in Ellucian.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent
field of study.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience analyzing data related to
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of Advancement database/ CRM systems, preferably
· Expert Microsoft Excel and/or Access skills.
· Direct experience in project management.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to adapt and present information in a variety of
· Outstanding organizational, analytical, creative problem-solving
and communication skills.
· Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential
· Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team,
to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and to meet
Conditions of Employment
This position, as part of the Office of Advancement Services ( OAS
) is responsible for accurately maintaining, reporting, and
analyzing all data relating to Bowie State University ( BSU )
constituents, including donors and their gifts to the University.
The position will assist in developing approaches to solving
business problems, developing processes and standard reports to
answer common questions, and staying up to date with the latest
trends in business intelligence and analytics. Work involves
exercise of discretion and the ability to operate under specific
procedures and instructions and be able to explain and instruct
others about them.
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are not required but
encouraged for all eligible students, faculty and staff employed at
Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
Bowie State University offers an excellent benefits package! This
includes tuition remission including eligible dependents; choice of
medical/vision plans, Carefirst BC/BS, United Health Care and
Kaiser plans, dental, prescription, and life insurance, training
and development, EAP ; and as eligible generous leave package
including sick/bereavement, annual, personal; and winter and spring
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Management Information
Systems or equivalent field of study?
- * Do you have a minimum of two (2) years of experience
analyzing data related to fundraising?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application