Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Math & Computer Science
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Central State University invites applications for a full time,
tenure-track faculty position in Mathematics at the Assistant
Professor level in the area of Applied Mathematics starting in the
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES :
- Teach a minimum of twelve hours per semester (or twenty-four
annually) of Mathematics courses of day or evening classes.
- Maintain office hours and provide advisement for assigned
- Assist in curriculum development, review, and textbook
- Conduct and publish research work in peer-reviewed
- Maintain an active research program (in part by external
- Involve undergraduate students in research and preparation for
graduate study and/or a career in mathematics.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in coordinate research activities and
collaborations with other institutions at national and
- Participate in departmental, college, and university committees
and other service activities to enhance the role and mission of the
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ph. D. in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or Computational
- Minimum 1-3 years teaching experience at the university level
or postdoctoral research experience.
- Strong evidence of scholarship and research, particularly
scholarly publications in the area of mathematics.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ability to generate grant proposals for research, teaching, and
services. The desirable candidate will demonstrate an
interdisciplinary research orientation.
- Dedication to ensuring excellence in curriculum delivery,
development, and improvement.
- Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse
cultural and ethnic background are essential.
- Ability to use technology in instruction and student
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the role of a
comprehensive college in multicultural setting.
- Evidence of the possession of those qualities of character,
personality and competence expected in a teacher and director of
- Involvement with recognized professional associations or
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Budgeted Annual Salary
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
detailed research plan, statement of teaching philosophy and three
letters of recommendation
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcripts