PROGRAM COORDINATOR (STEWARDSHIP)
Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
Responsible for coordinating stewardship and donor relations
strategies that promote retention and recognition of donors at all
levels. Supports development officers through coordinated
stewardship efforts and targeted communications that enhance donor
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for coordinating, developing and using consistent,
accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for
stewarding prospects and donors.
- Researches, coordinates, and writes impact reports, which
include identifying and creatively explaining fund usage and
- Implements and manages day-to-day fulfillment of routine
stewardship programs for multiple donor levels, including welcome
packages, specialized donor communications, event communication,
and follow-up efforts.
- Coordinates donor stewardship practices in collaboration with
Development and Advancement Services to ensure the delivery of
timely and customized letters; identifies and recommends options to
further automate and streamline custom letters; seeks feedback from
gift officers to support the personalization of all acknowledgment
- Proactively supports development directors in the design and
execution of annual stewardship plans for major donors and top
prospects; coordinates stewardship activities in a timely
- Builds and executes recognition programs for annual leadership
donors (President’s Circle), planned giving donors, consecutive
giving donors, and other donor recognition as needed.
- Generate written stories/reports about endowed academic
position holders, including awards, research endeavors, and other
pertinent announcements to share with the donor.
- Strengthen current methods of donor communications, i.e., web
pages, direct mail, and text messaging, and formalize the
- Generates and analyzes reports of donor activity; ensures that
tracking and reporting of stewardship activities/data are timely,
thorough, and transparent.
- Assists with events and functions such as corporate visits,
donor campus visits, University events, training, etc.
- Drafts correspondence, proposals, and other written materials
as necessary and maintains a record of distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or data
analytics from an accredited university.
- Three (3) years of experience performing closely related
duties, including program planning/coordination or related
experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
- One (1) year of the required experience with a Master’s degree,
- Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate
Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
- Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong professional writing, editing, research, and analytical
- Organized and proactive with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high EQ, superior customer service
and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various
colleagues and constituents.
- Proven success in planning, organizing, and executing projects
with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
Capability to work independently and collaboratively with moderate
- Must be able to handle confidential information with
As specified for the particular job.
Preferred: Experience with customer relationship management (CRM)
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
Normal office or classroom or outside environment. Some travel and
weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which
requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande
Valley. Particular project or program may require ability to drive
a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training,
meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop,
reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up
multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings,
offices and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff,
students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision
making and problem solving ability. Must demonstrate effective
project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain
strong working relations with internal and external agencies and
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the
Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to
discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date
of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three
(3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at
for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the VP of HR & Talent Development .
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/40815