You have proven yourself in every job by delivering exceptional detailed-oriented results. You are the go-to person when things need to be done quickly and correctly because of your understanding in payroll operations and accurate processing in a timely matter.
You develop a daily commitment by working with a Human Resources Team and create rapport effortlessly to help other members of your team and Emporia State University.
You recognize that fit is about having the right skill sets, at the right time, in the right place and value diversity in all of its forms.
If this sounds like you, join the Human Resources Team.
As a Human Resources Professional, you will be responsible for duties including but not limited to:
- Process biweekly payroll including posting of payroll transactions to accounting records, follow -up and resolution of any problems.
- Complete biweekly payroll processing by monitoring new employees input into the system by Human Resources.
- Maintain current employee records according to their updated deduction and retirement forms. Balance all earnings and deductions according to supporting documentation.
- Update rules and validation tables in Banner as regulations change and the need arises to facilitate a University policy change.
- Track elective deductions.
- Calculate and administer any garnishment or income withholding issued on an employee.
- Track employee overtime to check ac curacy of pay, all employees with less than 80 hours, and those who have Leave Without Pay on their payroll time and leave.
- Works with HR, Budget and IT to ensure the payroll processes are completed within set time lines made by the State of Kansas.
- Provide solutions to resolve process problems. Responsible for the entire payroll processing in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, or similar program
- Three years’ experience in human resources work
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, or similar program, five years’ experience in human resources work, or a combination of the above
- Knowledge and experience with Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
- Work experience in a higher education setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
Upload a letter of application, vita, unofficial transcripts, and complete contact information for three references here.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.