11/27/2023 11:59 p.m.
Grants and Special Projects
Director, Financial Aid
- Facilitates on- and off- campus financial aid workshops and
- Serves as the liaison between the Financial Aid department and
The Center for Justice-Impacted Students.
- Assists students and parents with completing the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Counsels and advises students and prospective students about
financial aid eligibility, procedures, verifications, and award
- Assists with College and community events related to financial
- Manages confidential information in accordance with FERPA.
- Stays current on state and Federal financial aid programs by
participating in ongoing professional development sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Verifiable work experience in one area of student services,
such as financial aid, admissions, registration, enrollment
services, or student records.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel to and from assigned
- Experience as a financial aid professional
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous experience working in Ellucian Colleague
- Previous work experience working in a busy academic
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
Duration: Until 6/30/2024
One (1) part-time, grant-funded position available
Up to 20 hours per week
Monday to Friday 1:00pm – 5:00pm, with the ability to meet flexible
work schedule requirements that include days, evenings, and weekend
hours in accordance with scheduled recruitment activities.
This is a specially funded position, dependent for its existence
upon federal, State, or other non-College operating funds, and is
not funded pursuant to the regular College budget. Continued
employment is always contingent upon satisfactory performance and
College needs. Grant funded positions are also contingent upon
continued funding. This appointment is for the specified period
only. Employment beyond the expiration date of the grant is subject
to appropriate provisions of existing collectively bargained
agreements in effect at the time for employees covered by those