The Community Relations Fellow supports the community relations and
engagement programming of the office of government & community
relations (GCR). The Fellow maintains the Government &
Community Relations website, myHC, and social media accounts;
Assists with the Community Service Work-Study (CSWS) program:
advises students in selecting CSWS positions, coordinates
interviews, and orients CSWS student employees; oversees CSWS
students’ access to HC Transportation; maintains CSWS documentation
and assists students with time card issues and approvals. Helps
plan and facilitate GCR community engagement programming including
the Holy Cross & Community Alliance Meetings, the Holy Cross
Community Engagement Committee, the annual Community Partner
Appreciation Reception, Holy Cross with Others, and the
(forthcoming) Off-Campus Student Cohort. Collaborates with other
on-campus community engagement programs including community-based
learning, SPUD and Athletics. The Fellow works closely with the
Director to produce the annual Holy Cross student service data
report and the Community Impact Report.
- Supervise selection process and oversee the CSWS student
employees with assistance from Director of Government &
- Manage, support, and/or create web, social media, and myHC
- Manage relationships with CSWS community partners (with input
from the Director of the office of Government & Community
Relations). This includes communications, attending relevant
community partner events, delivering paperwork, understanding
pre-CSWS placement requirements (i.e., FWS eligibility, Waivers,
CORI forms, volunteer applications) and helping students to meet
- Assist with CSWS position descriptions on the College’s Student
- With the Director of Government & Community Relations,
coordinate CSWS placement process including site visits to host
sites (schools, nonprofits, etc.).
- Advise students interested in CSWS in selecting community
- Collaborate with other community engagement programs including
Community-Based Learning, SPUD and Athletics.
- Serving on the Community Engagement Committee and participate
in the Holy Cross & Community Alliance Meetings.
- Collaborate with Director of GCR on Communications (Social
Media, Invitations, Reports).
- Collaborate with the Director of GCR on marketing and
communications, with a focus on the GCR
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with community relations and or engagement as an
undergraduate or through service or civic experience.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- An ability to remain organized and follow through with details
while balancing multiple projects.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Understanding and valuing diversity while fostering an
inclusive and supportive environment.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Apps (Gmail, Google
Drive, Google Sites). A willingness to learn other software and
technology as needed.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings.
- Willingness to attend local events and programming that align
with the office’s mission.
This is a full time, exempt level position. The College is
committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees.
The College also offers a competitive benefits package for
full-time staff, including:
- 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year
wait waiver available)
- This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement -
upon hire, candidates will need to live within commuting
- Condensed summer 4-day work week
- Tuition & Education benefits
- Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development
- Generous paid time off
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements
along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the
College's commitment to inclusive excellence ( https://aspire.holycross.edu/inclusive-excellence
) . Please provide examples of how you have integrated diversity,
equity, inclusion and belonging into your past work. For more
information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until
the position has been filled.