Columbia College is in search of an accomplished and dynamic Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students. Reporting directly to the university’s newly appointed president, Dr. John Dozier, the vice president will lead and oversee a broad range of student support services, including residential life and housing, student activities, career and student services, and counseling services.
The successful candidate will have a master’s degree in higher education administration, student affairs, counseling, or related field (doctorate preferred); a minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in higher education administration, with a focus on student affairs; a strong understanding of student development theory, best practices, and trends in higher education; a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills; an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across various campus constituencies; crisis management and problem-solving skills with an ability to make informed decisions under pressure; strong organizational and budget management skills; a record of effective team leadership and staff development; and familiarity with relevant regulations and laws related to student affairs in higher education.
The Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership by developing a comprehensive strategic vision for student affairs that aligns with the institution’s mission and vision and providing visionary leadership to create an inclusive and vibrant campus environment that enhances the overall student experience;
- Providing support services oversight to residential life and housing, student activities, career and student services, and counseling services;
- Driving initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across all student affairs offices, ensuring an environment that respects and celebrates students’ diverse backgrounds;
- Overseeing crisis intervention and response efforts, ensuring the safety and well-being of students in collaboration with campus partners;
- Fostering strong collaborations with faculty, staff, administrators, and external stakeholders to enhance the holistic student experience;
- Developing and managing the budget for student affairs, ensuring effective allocation of resources to support various programs and services; and
- Providing mentorship and guidance to student affairs staff, promoting their professional growth and development.
How to Apply
Greenwood Asher & Associates is assisting Columbia College in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood Asher & Associates. For a full application package, please submit a letter of interest that includes the applicant’s qualifications for a position and a diversity statement, current resume/CV, and list of five references. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin on December 1, 2023, and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Kyle Pybus-Jerome, Senior Executive Search Consultant
Tracey Weldon, Vice President of Executive Search
Columbia College, an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, is seeking candidates who will enhance its faculty, staff, and administration. Columbia College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, identity sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, national origin, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.