Do you want to join a collegial, dynamic, and growing department? The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is looking for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is August 21, 2024.
- Teach various software engineering, computer science, and cybersecurity courses.
- Carry out appropriate professional development activities.
- Carry out various service activities
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Ph.D. in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum experience of one-semester teaching computer science or software engineering at the college level as an instructor or a teaching assistant is required.
- Ability to teach a variety of software engineering and computer science courses
- A strong commitment to undergraduate education and teaching excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The Computer Science and Software Engineering Department currently has 13 full-time faculty members and offers B.S. degrees in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, and Software Engineering. In collaboration with our sister UW institutions, we also offer an online M.S. in Cybersecurity and an online B.S. in Applied Computing. The department has experienced growth in recent years in terms of new programs as well as student enrollment. Our software engineering program is now the second-largest ABET-accredited program in Wisconsin.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle-level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice, and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high-quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications are due by Feb 14, 2024. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Dr. Joshua Yue, Phone: 608-342-3984, Email: email@example.com
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.