The Intensive English Language Institute at Divine Word College, Epworth, IA, is seeking a full-time ESL instructor who will help students achieve academic and professional goals through high-quality instruction in ESL and undergraduate study preparation. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach all skills across all levels of English proficiency for 20 hours a week (i.e. 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. every day). The candidate will also need strong administrative skills to carry out committee work, research, special projects, and his or her own professional development.
Degree Requirement: Master’s degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics from a regionally accredited institution by the official start date of August 12, 2024.
- Minimum one year of ESL teaching experience at the college or university level with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching
- Knowledge of the latest practices in ESL pedagogy with proof of academic publications or regular attending and presenting at TESOL conventions or related conferences over the previous three years
- Knowledge of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and the can-do statements at each CEFR level
- Strong computer and media literacy with experience in blended learning
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience in curriculum development and revision in intensive English programs
- Experience in or familiarity with the CEA accreditation standards and procedures
- Availability to teach in summer (additional salary provided)
Compensation: Salary commensurate with teaching experience, ranging from $50,000 – $55,000; full benefit package is included.
Deadline for Application: Review of applications begins on November 27, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Send cover letter, curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial academic transcripts to Ms. Chris Jackson (email@example.com).
Divine Word College (https://www.dwci.edu/esl) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.