Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and beyond a broad range of bachelor's degrees, selected master's degrees, and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options.
Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the region it serves through community and civic engagement. Learn more about IU East.
- Serves as a member of the IU East collaborative senior leadership team, providing key perspectives and counsel. Serves on campus committees as needed and represent the campus to various and diverse individuals and groups, including state and local government officials and community business and civic leaders.
units: Alumni Relations and Campus Events, Communications and Marketing, Gift Development, and WCTV.
- Defines a vision and culture of philanthropy that supports key institutional strategic priorities, will attract new sources of funding, and will create and steward lifelong relationships between IU East and its alumni, community, and friends.
- Establishes and maintains community contacts through active personal engagement to develop campus and university support.
- Develops specific, targeted strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to increase individual, corporate and foundation giving.
- Assists the Chancellor and academic leadership in soliciting major gift support to advance the public image and private support for IU East.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive gift development plan aimed at securing private support of the campus. Interacts with donors, alumni, community leaders, and other constituents as a representative of the campus to raise the campus's visibility, enhance its image, strengthen relationships, and increase support.
- Assists the Chancellor in the preparation of speeches and other public presentations.
- Provides effective leadership for all general campus communications and marketing to internal and external constituencies and represent IU East on committees related to external relations at the campus, university, regional, state, and national levels.
- Serves as the senior campus liaison to the IU Foundation (IUF) to coordinate activities that involve the IUF.
- Serves as the senior campus liaison to the IU Offices of Engagement, Public Affairs, and Government Relations.
- Supervises and monitors the staff and budgets for the Office of External Affairs; reviews and makes recommendations for expenditures; implements personnel actions as required.
- Responsible for the strategic leadership of all IU East development functions, alumni relations, external and community relations, major campus events, and articulation and promotion of the university mission through communications and marketing.
- Supervises the directors/coordinators of alumni relations, campus events, development, corporate and foundation grants, and marketing/communications. Provides leadership in developing new programs or activities. Also serves as the campus lead for business partnerships/sponsorships.
- Develops and manages annual budget plan and recommendations for areas of responsibility.
- Plans and directs all activities necessary to maximize an effective external relations program. In partnership with IU Foundation, provides leadership and direction for all aspects of fundraising, including annual giving, planned giving, major gift giving, alumni giving, and corporate and foundation relationships.
- Develops and implements specific, targeted strategies for identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors to increase individual, corporate, and foundation giving.
- Develops strategies to assist the Chancellor and academic leadership to engage the community to promote the public image of and private support for IU East.
- Serves as a member of the senior campus leadership team, and maintain productive, collaborative working relationships with the other senior executives and their constituencies.