The Office of the Provost is responsible for setting and guiding institutional and budgetary priorities that advance the University’s academic mission. Together with deans and senior administrators, the Provost directs and supports the partnerships, collaborations, and planning initiatives on four Massachusetts campuses and the Tufts European Center in Talloires, France and the surrounding region. This team champions and integrates educational and research activities across the university and ensures programs are of the highest quality by working closely with faculty, staff, alumni, and students. The Office of the Provost oversees the university’s education, research, faculty affairs, innovation, and diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and accessibility operations.
This is an exciting time to join Tufts University in the Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence (OIIE). Formerly the Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ), the Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence (OIIE) revealed its new branding, as well as its goals and vision with the Tufts community on October 26th. Under the leadership of Monroe France, the Vice Provost for Institutional Inclusive Excellence, the Office provides strategic vision and oversight for diversity, equity, inclusion, justice and accessibility across the university.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence and Leadership serves as the deputy to the Vice Provost for Institutional Inclusive Excellence. Responsible for supervising the assigned Institutional Inclusive Excellence team (management and program staff). Provides oversight of the day-to-day operations within the Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence (OIIE). Supports the Vice Provost in developing the campus vision for institutional inclusive excellence and provides consultation to administrative units and schools. Responsible for convening the Associate/Assistant Deans in the schools.
- Serves as a key strategist and leader in inclusive excellence for the institution
- Supports the Vice Provost in leading the development of the university’s inclusive excellence vision and strategy
- Manages assigned Institutional Inclusive Excellence team, establishing goals, coaching and assessing performance, and ensuring individual developmental opportunities
- Convenes and supports the Assistant/Associate Deans of Diversity in the schools and diversity officers from across the university
- Supervises the day-to-day operational functions of the OIIE (oversight of the budget, personnel matters, etc.)
- Leads the professional development for the team
- Directs the programmatic and community engagement activities of the OIIE
- Provides consultation on related inclusive excellence matters to university leaders, managers, and to our schools
- Leads the development and execution of inclusive excellence resources, curriculum and learning modules for students, staff and faculty
- Supports the Vice Provost in developing strategic internal and external partnerships to advance the work and represents the Vice Provost and/or University at external affairs (as needed)
- Oversees the assessment and research efforts in the OIIE
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a master’s degree in higher education, inclusion, teaching and learning, social psychology, social work, or related fields
- Minimum of 7 years experience in diversity and inclusion
- Management experience leading teams and managing budgets
- Strong curriculum development skills
- Teaching, training, and assessment experience
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience developing management systems
- Terminal degree
- Prefer 10+ years of professional experience
- Previous leadership role in a university DEI, administration, and leadership
Minimum $149,800.00, Midpoint $187,250.00, Maximum $224,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.