Illustration - Tenure Track Faculty
The College of Architecture, Visual Arts, and Design ( CAVAD ) at
California Baptist University seeks highly motivated applicants
with an entrepreneurial spirit for the position of full-time
tenure-track faculty in Illustration. CAVAD is an established
multi-faceted design college dedicated to the integration of
Christian thought and values; cutting-edge design pedagogy; and
reflective inter-disciplinary practice.
CBU is faith-based institution, affiliated with the California
Southern Baptist tradition. Collaboration between the College
disciplines of Fine Art, Film, Graphic Design, and Interior Design
is ongoing. CBU is a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and
serves a diverse constituency of emerging professionals.
This tenure-track track position seeks a candidate who will serve
as a digital and traditional medium studio teaching faculty for a
growing Illustration program.
The compensation for this appointment will range from
$70,000-$90,000 annually and reflects what California Baptist
University reasonably expects to pay for this faculty appointment.
Actual compensation may vary based on the qualifications and
experience of the applicant, as well as market conditions. In
addition to wages, CBU offers a robust suite of employee
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
1) Terminal degree ( MFA, or Ph.D.) in Illustration related field,
or non-terminal degree in Illustration plus notable professional
2) Teaching experience at the collegiate level;
3) An existing or developing research / creative practice agenda
that will expand or enrich the college’s pedagogy;
4) A history of service to the profession and/or the broader
5) Previous leadership in professional or academic arenas;
6) Interest in participating in and fostering cross-disciplinary
inquiry across design disciplines.
7) Creative Portfolio submission is required through “Other
Document” link in application.
The program seeks candidates with university teaching experience
and/or critical practice experience. Candidates should be prepared
to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level, including
courses in traditional and digital illustration, visual
development, and technical drawing courses. Candidates will be able
to successfully demonstrate their ability to teach in a
professionally focused program while providing program level
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Christian Experience Essay
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Cover Letter