Perform a variety of installation and repair duties primarily those
involved in the installing and maintaining of all locks and
security devices following standard practices and procedures. Use
of considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult
work where only general methods are available, and the making of
broad decisions involving considerable initiative and
•Maintenance of the card access security system Card readers;
transfer and RX switches, electric hinges and electric strikes are
properly working. Battery back up, printed circuit boards, card
access system, low voltage wiring, magnetic contacts, combination
locks, card readers
• Respond promptly to all calls of problems with the system so that
student inconvenience is held to a minimum, and to maintain their
confidence in the systems.
• Provide supervisors and Director with guidance/advise on projects
within trade expertise.
• Work schedule to minimize disruption of campus life, coordinate
with other trades and/or divisions as required for smooth work
flow. Work with college contractors and vendors.
• Report back all failures within the system.
• Install, repair, and maintain all types of lock hardware
• All standard practices and procedures followed.
• Maintain and repair all door closures, exit devices, hinges, etc.
within agreed upon schedule.
• Making and duplicating key and maintain a minimum working
• Keys are made and duplicated for student faculty, Administration
and staff facilities with agreed upon schedules.
• Emergency keying and opening services performed within 24
• Duplicate keys accessible in inventory at all times; no
• Assist with other trades if emergency or work load
• Accurate records maintained of keys and information and updated
within one day of any change.
• Records accessible at all times.
• Maintain duplicate key inventory
• Wear uniform, must be neat with clean cut appearance.
• Wearing of uniforms (shirts, jackets); must be neat with
• Safety shoes required
• Safety glasses and equipment as required
• Lifting light weight material
• Good working conditions. Exposed to any number of undesirable
elements but with no one continuously present to the extent of
• Continuous mental and visual attention is required; usually
repetitive work requiring alertness and activity. Varied positions
such as standing, kneeling, sitting, walking etc. may be necessary
to complete work.
• Depending on location of locks, may be exposed to temperatures
ranging from -10º below (working outside) to 80º - 100º (working
• May require use of ladders, grinding and cutting machines,
drills, key duplicating machine, drills etc. including various
other hand tools on a daily basis.
• During a typical work day various objects are manipulated
requiring grasping with hands, twists and turns of hands, wrists,
reaching above, various lifting up/down of weighted items, climbing
under/over equipment, pulling,/pushing, fitting hands and fingers
into tight positions. The job at anytime may involve more than one
physical operations simultaneously.
Accountability / Responsibility:
• Responsibility for equipment or process, material or product and
safety of others
• Normal care is required in performing duties and to prevent
injury to self or others. An accident would result in minor cuts,
bruises, abrasions to others.
• Responsible for own work
• Ability to read instructions, manuals, work orders,
specifications, charts and manufacturing information.
• Use of advanced trades mathematics, together with the use of
• Ability to utilize the Work Order system Famis
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision working
predominantly from work order instructions.
• Must be willing to be on call for after hour issues
• Contact with other College personnel and students requiring
ability to verbal communicate clearly.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Certificate of locksmith
• Basic electrical knowledge
This position is classified as non-exempt level position for
purposes of the federal wage and hour law.
This position is full-time and comes with benefits as described
The College of the Holy Cross is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central
Please attach resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support
the College's commitment to inclusive excellence
). Please provide examples of how you have integrated
diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into your past work. For
more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity .
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring
manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources