ADULT EDUCATOR – PART-TIME
Kennedy-King College’s Adult Education Department is currently
seeking qualified Part-Time Adult Educators to provide instruction
to students enrolled in areas such as Adult Basic Education (ABE),
General Education Development (GED) with focus on Math or Language
Arts, and English as a Second Language (ESL). Kennedy-King College
seeks Adult Educators with a passion for teaching and learning,
along with a strong commitment to the mission and ideals of the
community college. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated
success in the classroom by developing and using highly effective
teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs; promotes the
acquisition and application of knowledge and the development of
critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills; in
addition, engage in and model intellectual curiosity and express
passion for learning in general.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes attendance and monitors class enrollment.
- Assists with program registration.
- Participates in staff development programs as required.
- Develops class syllabi and appropriate class materials and
curriculum for class instruction.
- Evaluates student progress and extra instruction needs; refers
student to tutoring as needed.
- Administers progress tests to students and assigns grades based
on test results.
- Prepares reports to senior management regarding test scores,
student participation, and student progress.
- Keeps abreast of state rules and regulations regarding Adult
- Stays abreast of the pedagogy of teaching and adjusts teaching
- Attends regular staff meetings with Adult Education Managers
and Adult Education Coordinators to receive information regarding
program policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
- B.S., B.A. from a regionally accredited university/college in a
discipline appropriate to instructional subject, preferably
English, Mathematics, Reading, Elementary or Secondary Education,
Social Science, Science, History, ABE/GED Education, and/or
- M.Ed., M.A., or M.S. from a regionally accredited
university/college in Curriculum and Instruction, Teaching,
Reading, Mathematics, Educational Policy, Literacy Studies, Adult
Education, Secondary Education or Elementary Education
- International degree(s) evaluated by a certified provider
(e.g., E.C.E., W.E.S., etc.).
- Official transcript(s) reflect sufficient subject-relevant
coursework to teach the assigned course.
- Submit sample lesson plans, syllabi and/or teaching portfolio
that reflect skills in area(s) of instruction, including computer
literacy and adult learning practices.
- Knowledge of current adult education classroom assessment
- Completed satisfactory teaching demonstration for the hiring
- Flexibility and availability to teach in at offsite