To enrich education through diversity, The College of New
Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the
goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching
and working in a diverse environment, and strongly encourages
applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities
October 30, 2023
Program Assistant, Accounts Payable
NJ CSC Job Title:
Program Assistant, Administrative
Classified, Non-Competitive, Non-Exempt, NE
(35 Hours) Workweek
Job Spec Code:
P16/ $48,056.98 - $67,611.12
External Salary Range:
P16/ $48,056.98 - $54,575.02 (Steps
The external salary range is used for candidates who are not NJ
state employees who meet the requirements below.
The College of New Jersey's Treasurer's Office is responsible for
the College’s strategic financial planning, including investments
and debt management, internal auditing, accounting, budgeting,
procurement services, student accounts and payroll. We strive to
execute our fiduciary responsibilities effectively by engaging in
continuous process evaluation and improvement and by providing a
wide array of value added and customer-centered support services
for students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Procurement and Accounts
Payable, the Program Assistant is responsible for the entry,
analysis and maintenance of invoices and reimbursements on the
Accounts Payable team. The selected candidate will review weekly
disbursements, provide monthly and year end close support, and will
work closely with multiple units within the Finance & Business
- Review and enter invoices and payment requests into Oracle ERP
for multiple business units.
- Utilize image scanning technology for streamlined
- Verify and reconcile outstanding invoices, reimbursements,
purchase orders, and supplier statements.
- Review weekly payments for discrepancies.
- Manage department email addresses, post journal entries and
generate CashNet payment receipts to various departments.
- Collaborate with various departments, campus community or
suppliers to resolve discrepancies or inquires for payment
- Review and/or research any invoices that require additional
review, department approval, Purchasing review, etc.
- Facilitate payment of suppliers, which may include verification
of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Cover front desk tasks; open mail, answer main department line,
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education Requirement: Graduation from an accredited
college with a Bachelor's degree.
- Applicants who do not possess the required education may
substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year
- Applicants who possess an Associate's degree may substitute two
(2) years of position-related experience for the remaining two (2)
years of education.
Persons with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations
in order to perform the essential functions of the position. If the
requested accommodation(s) cannot be made because it would cause
the employer undue hardship, the applicant may not be eligible for
- Data entry experience; ability to manage large volumes of data
entry and paperwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft Financials/Oracle ERP or a
Cloud based ERP system.
- Professional and courteous with excellent communication
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of background check and reference checks.
- Residency Requirement: In accordance with the New Jersey
First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public
employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to
obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment.
Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national
recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ
has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and
is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive
colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75
"Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of
American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the
northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report.
TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the
Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa
chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and
universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the
foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts
& Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social
Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and
Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a
commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by
train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is
set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known
for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings.
As a member of The College of New Jersey Community, you will be a
part of an exciting and rewarding public university career.
Eligible full-time employees will be able to take advantage of a
generous benefits package that includes health, welfare, and
retirement benefits, including:
To view a comprehensive list of benefits available to
employees, visit our Health Benefits
Plans and Programs page to learn more!
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental and
- Generous leave entitlements program and Energy Savings
- Employee and dependant Tuition Waiver and Reimbursement
- Pension, retirement, and deferred compensation plans, group
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee affinity groups
- New Jersey
State Employee Discount Program (Pet insurance, cell phone plan
discounts, discounted amusement park tickets, etc.)
- Access to extensive learning opportunities
Qualified candidates should apply online at: careers.tcnj.edu
and submit a
letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact
information for three professional references. Applications will be
considered until a viable candidate is selected.
If you are applying under the New Jersey "SAME" program, your
supporting documents (Schedule A or B letter), resume (CV), as well
as the names and contact information for three professional
references by the closing date listed above to: email@example.com. For
more information on the SAME program visit their website at:
, email: SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at: 833-691-0404.