Working Title: D2L Admininstrator
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist
Agency: Minnesota State University, Mankato
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job
- Date Posted: 10/28/2023
- Closing Date: 11/03/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges
& Universities / Mankato State University-MAPE
- Division/Unit: MnSCU Mankato SU / MnSCU MAN
- Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
- Work Shift/Work Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 PM
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.47 - $51.73 / hourly;
$65,709 - $108,012 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of
- Location: Memorial Library - Mankato
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes - Up to 40% of the
time. Based on the essential functions of this positions, MMB
Policy #1422, and University policies relating to flexible work,
this position is eligible for the following work modes: Telework: A
position with a work arrangement that allows an employee to perform
work on a regular basis at a telework location that is not the
employee's permanent/principal work location.
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants
with Disabilities: Yes
The work you'll do is more than just a job. Join the talented,
engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better
You will be a member of a great team that will make sure you
have an opportunity to grow in all aspects of this role. The
primary emphasis of this position is to offer some training, tech
support, and software management to the university community. While
assisting with the technical aspects of the course management
system, this position will offer guidance and recommendations for
the integration of technology into the curriculum. The person in
this position will be tasked with researching and implementing
technologies centered around teaching and learning. The individual
in this role is expected to embody kindness, thoughtfulness, high
level of motivation, and a constant eagerness to learn.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Two (2) years of experience working in higher education
- Experience administering a learning management system.
- Professional experience working directly with faculty and staff
in the support, development, and implementation of teaching with
- Ability to quickly assimilate academic and technical
information and transform the information into user-friendly
documentation and explanations.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and
- Masters or Doctorate degree in instructional design, education,
or related field.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated relevant professional experience
in instructional design.
- Personal experience teaching, preferably in a college or
- Experience with the Quality Matters Rubric and program.
- Extensive knowledge of educational technologies and the
teaching methods behind them.
- Advanced knowledge of learning and instructional design
theories and principles.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to,
participating in and completing all required safety trainings, as
well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State
University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate
tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire
Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required
by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics
for the University. The policy statements address the school's
policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security.
Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of
crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other
University affiliated locations. This report is available online at
You may also request a paper copy from University Security at
507-389-2111, or by emailing
Application DetailsHow to Apply
To apply click
here and search IT24002.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sarith Phan at
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant,
apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid
Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Sarith Phan
About Minnesota State University, Mankato
More than 1600 talented faculty, staff, and 1600 student
employees with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds, support
university operations every day. Our faculty and staff enjoy
excellent benefits, a team environment and challenging careers. As
an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, we are
committed to supporting the continued growth of our diverse
Why Work for UsDiverse Workforce
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that
reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve.
The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the
work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other
cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and
work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being,
professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee,
your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility
varies based on type of employment, agency, funding
availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and
length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Employment information for this position can be found in its
collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State is an equal opportunity employer/educator
committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race,
sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to
public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage
applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and
individuals with protected veteran status. We also take the
opportunity to recognize that we live, work, and learn in the
homeland of the Dakota people, whose language frames our name -
Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified
applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a
disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job
application system, please contact the job information line at
651-259-3637 or email
indicate what assistance is needed.