Reports to: Director of the Culinary Arts Institute
*This position requires the candidate to obtain the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police, and FBI Fingerprinting clearances prior to their start date.
Part Time Faculty teach assigned courses in a manner that facilitates student learning and mastery of course material. Part Time faculty are encouraged to participate in course and curriculum development, program and course assessment, student advisement, college service, and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in appropriate discipline from an accredited institution required. Master’s degree or terminal professional degree preferred.
- At least five years of industry experience required, with at least two years of industry management experience.
- Current ServSafe certification required.
- Current ACF membership and/or membership in another professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates of all abilities. Community College teaching experience preferred.
- Exhibited evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of innovative instructional techniques and technologies and use of course management systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of a variety of teaching activities to address diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to the incorporation of information literacy resources, technology, research, writing and culturally diverse perspectives into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual assessment of the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations, such as under-resourced groups and first-generation students.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.