The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse
student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education,
commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare
students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning
and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we
challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully
realize their highest academic, professional, and personal
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
The Goodwin University School of Applied Liberal Arts and of Social
Sciences invites applications for the position of Assistant
Professor of English. To be considered for this position, the
applicant must be available to teach on-campus.
Full-time faculty members at Goodwin University are responsible for
maintaining the highest academic standards in their disciplines.
Faculty teach 15 credits hours per semester—3 semesters per year—on
campus and online (synchronous and asynchronous). They are expected
to stay current with disciplinary trends and teaching methods;
participate in university, professional, and community service; and
engage in scholarly work related to teaching and learning.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Abide by and upholding Goodwin’s mission, policies, and core
- Teach all courses according to approved syllabi, ensuring that
each course is aligned with Universal Design for Learning
principles, contains essential curricular components, has
appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency.
- Hold all assigned classes as scheduled.
- Maintain office hours as required.
- Assess student academic achievement and modify teaching
techniques in accordance with assessment feedback.
- Submit all required reports in an accurate and timely
- Engage with other faculty in the development, implementation,
and evaluation of course outcomes and curricular alignment based on
assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Assist other department faculty or staff as needed to promote a
- Attend all university, school, and content area meetings as
- Attend professional learning activities to remain informed of
current trends and innovative approaches to teaching and
- Participate in service to the school, university, and the
- Engage in scholarly work relevant to disciplinary expertise
(e.g., publications, presentations).
- Perform similar or other related duties as required or as
assigned by the Director of English or the Dean.
- Conduct all work in a safe manner and follow all work safety
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Demonstrated commitment to promote diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and work in an environment in which all members of the
University community are treated with respect and dignity
Special Requirements :
- Master's degree or higher in English, Writing, Composition,
Literature, or related field.
- Commitment to student success, including academic, emotional,
and social development.
- Experience teaching undergraduate English courses in on campus
and online environments (synchronous and asynchronous).
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in curriculum and
instruction, including Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and interpret student learning
outcome data to improve teaching and learning.
- Strong skills in using web-based applications and learning
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
submit a letter of interest
letter) describing how they meet the position qualifications
and a resume/CV.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between Goodwin University and employee. It is used as a
guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the
employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse &
- PTO program