About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 25 undergraduate majors, over 70 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry College.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
The Helpdesk Coordinator is the first point of contact for our clients seeking technical assistance and support. Their primary responsibility will be to receive, prioritize, and manage incoming helpdesk requests, ensuring that all issues are addressed promptly and effectively. They will work closely with our technical support team, coordinate ticket assignments, and facilitate communication between clients and our support staff. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our clients' satisfaction and be an integral part of our dynamic and collaborative helpdesk team.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Support, the Helpdesk Coordinator will serve as the central point of contact for users or customers who require assistance with their IT-related issues or service requests. They act as the link between users and the IT support team, ensuring that problems are effectively addressed, and services are delivered in a timely manner. A successful Helpdesk Coordinator possesses strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. They should be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously, have an understanding of IT support concepts, and be customer-oriented to provide top-notch assistance to users. The Helpdesk Coordinator plays a crucial role in optimizing the help desk operations and maintaining a smooth flow of support services.
1. Day-to-day Functions:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for clients seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or other communication channels;
- Receive and log incoming service requests from users through various channels, including phone calls, emails, or our ticketing system;
- Ensure timely and accurate resolution of issues by assigning tickets to the appropriate technical support staff based on their expertise and workload;
- Communicate with clients by providing in-person, phone, and email support in a timely fashion;
- Ensure prompt response to all emergency support, including faculty requests for classroom support.
2. Customer Service:
- Provide courteous and professional assistance to clients, ensuring their concerns are addressed promptly and to their satisfaction;
- Communicate with clients to gather additional information about their technical issues and provide regular updates to users on the status of their tickets, keeping them informed about progress and estimated resolution times;
- Provide basic training and guidance to users on common IT issues or self-help tools available to resolve minor problems independently;
- Maintain an effective and positive system of communication between ITS and faculty, staff, students, administration, and the virtual team of technologists.
3. Ticket Management:
- Monitor and track the progress of helpdesk tickets, ensuring that they are resolved within agreed-upon service level agreements (SLAs);
- Receives and reviews incoming tickets, determining their priority based on the urgency and impact on users and business operations;
- Escalate urgent or complex issues to the appropriate senior support staff or management when necessary.
4. Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of client interactions, technical issues, and resolutions in our ticketing system;
- Generate regular reports on helpdesk performance, ticket trends, and client feedback for management review;
- Creating and updating a knowledge base that contains documentation, solutions, and best practices for common issues and frequently asked questions.
5. Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network, systems and data;
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies, and internal procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the helpdesk department and suggest solutions to enhance efficiency and customer satisfaction;
- Contribute to developing and enhancing helpdesk procedures and knowledge-based solution articles;
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor of his/her designee.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Proven experience in a helpdesk or customer support role, preferably in a technical environment.
- Systems knowledge, including MS Windows, MAC OS, Email, Web Browsers, and Microsoft Office, is required.
- Outstanding customer service skills, versatility, and breadth of technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- A logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision-making, emphasizing superior customer service at an executive level.
- The ability to take ownership where appropriate and the ability to help teams and projects successfully accomplish their objectives.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, deadline-oriented customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work the standard hours of this position: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, M-F.
$60,000 to $65,000 annually
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Elizabeth Canning at firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.