Associate Director Student Services- Technology, Communications and Marketing
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Associate Director Student Services- Technology, Communications and Marketing position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
Job Title: Associate Director Student Services- Technology, Communications and Marketing
Department: Financial Aid
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Under direct supervision of the Chief Student Services Officer, this position is responsible for all marketing, communications, and form/workflow automations created for the Registrar and Financial Aid offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide creative and technical support to the financial aid office and Registrar offices on all three campuses. The Associate Director will provide helpful and timely information by using a variety of technologies and software to develop communication pieces, promotional materials, and forms to assist faculty/staff/students.
The position will utilize guidance, support, and resources from the PCOM Office of Marketing & Communication, MIS department, and other related offices.
Additionally, this position will supervise two direct reports.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Oversee entire yearly updating of the University catalog
- Oversee all creation and ordering of Certificates and Diplomas
- Oversee graduation questionnaire and graduation application
- Work to ensure that all forms are completed online and up-to-date
- Develop workflow processes to efficiently process forms
- Maintain all aspects of the PCOM Webpage as it relates to Financial Aid and the Registrar’s Office
- Format and develop MyPCOM webpages
- Develop printed materials such as brochures, handouts, and handbooks; each academic year
- Collaborate with directors to draft announcement emails for faculty and students.
- Assist staff members with formatting and proofreading any other technical or communication pieces including PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and email announcements.
- Explore and develop strategies for extending office services to students via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
- Ensure handbooks are developed with underlying processes and procedures
- Assist the Financial Aid and Registrar office with customer service related inquiries as needed such as email, phone calls, and walk-ins
- Other duties as assigned
This is a hybrid position with four days in the office; one day working from home
Bachelor’s degree required ; Master’s degree preferred
- Three years working in higher education required; experience working in student services such as registrar, financial aid, bursar will be given priority consideration.
- Knowledge of electronic student information systems is required ; Banner experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management and work prioritization skills necessary to manage complex, dynamic workflow.
- Design skills utilizing such third party software as Adobe, Docusign, Smartsheets.
- Social media management and potential marketing strategy development.
- Basic skills with logistics, especially regarding event management and project timelines.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated.
- Basic knowledge of marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Basic Knowledge of higher education student services such as registrar and financial aid.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.