The Daniels School of Business at Purdue University invites applications for one lecturer position in the Quantitative Methods area to begin in the fall semester of 2024.
The incumbents’ responsibilities will include a subset of the following:
• Developing instructional materials, teaching and coordinating data and analytics related undergraduate courses, such as Business Statistics, Management Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling, Statistical Quality Control, etc.
• Developing and assisting experiential learning courses or projects for the BAIM (Business Analytics & Information Management) program students.
• Developing and teaching quantitative methods courses for residential master’s programs, weekend MBA program, online MBA program, and online master’s BAIM program.
• Engaging in academic and business venues to adapt latest developments in business analytics education and application for keeping course curriculums up to date.
These responsibilities are reflected as in the requirements of, for an academic year, 24 credit hours course teaching (equivalent to 8 undergraduate sections or 12 master’s sections) and 3 credit hours service contributing to the administration, operation, and development of the Daniels School of Business and Purdue. Salary and compensation are highly competitive and commensurate with candidate experience and achievements. Visit Human Resources - Purdue University for more specifics.
• A Ph.D. or M.A./M.S. with extensive teaching experience at the college level is required.
• Demonstrated teaching effectiveness with excellent student course reviews.
• Interest in developing and organizing experiential learning projects and events.
This position will require regular communication with students and various stakeholders on program development. Industry experience and/or project development and management experience is useful for this.
Application and review process
To apply, please visit https://careers.purdue.edu/job-invite/28957/. Applications should include curriculum vitae, teaching statements, and evidence of teaching ability if available. Applicants should also submit three names and email addresses for reference letters here: https://webapps.krannert.purdue.edu/KARS/Apply/vx071VY3bM. Application reviews begin January 1, 2024, until the positions are filled. Inquiries can be directed to Professor Jen Tang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Will Wei Sun (email@example.com), Daniels School of Business, Purdue University, 403 Mitch Daniels Blvd, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA.
About Purdue University
As Indiana’s land grant institution established in 1869, Purdue is one of the nation’s leading public research universities. Located in West Lafayette, IN Purdue offers a great work and living environment. As a college town, West Lafayette is very family friendly and centrally located to a number of major business centers including Indianapolis (1 hour), Chicago (2 hours), Cincinnati (3hours), Louisville (3 hours), Columbus (3.5 hours), and St. Louis (4 hours). Purdue’s Research Park is home to over 200 business start-ups, many of which originated from faculty innovations.
Purdue University's vision is to be at the forefront of advancing Data Science-underpinned research and education by providing faculty and students with an integrated, Data Science-fluent campus ecosystem. It is home to a large number of world class faculty engaged in fundamental researches and applications of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Please visit https://www.purdue.edu/ to learn more about Purdue University.
Daniels School of Business
Among a wide range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs, Daniels School of Business has a very successful and highly rated master’s program in Business Analytics & Information Management (MS BAIM). Building on this success, Daniels started to offer a brand-new undergraduate BAIM program in the Fall semester of 2022 to over 170 enrolled students. Both MS and BS BAIM programs are directed by faculty members in the Quantitative Methods area and the Management Information System area. Please visit https://business.purdue.edu/home.php for more information about Daniels School of Business and the Quantitative Methods area.