Assistant to the Chief of Marketing and Communications
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Assistant to the Chief of Marketing and Communications position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
Job Title: Office Manager/Assistant to the Chief of Marketing and Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Assistant to the Chief of Marketing and Communications and the Department of Marketing and Communications provides administrative and operational support to MarCom senior leaders and other team members across all campus locations. In addition to managing day-to-day operations, the incumbent helps to oversee the department’s financial and annual budget-planning processes; project management workflow; appointment scheduling; travel arrangements; and support for information technology, supplies and facilities needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Respond to departmental inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
• Collaborate with MarCom senior leader(s) to develop and maintain departmental procedures and protocols to ensure efficient and effective operations, including department workflow management; provide administrative support for hiring and staff development activities
• Manage departmental purchase orders: check requests, invoice payments, and all additional financial needs
• Assist with the development and organization of communication plans and strategies
• Assist with developing and posting written content for a variety of internal and external communications, such as graduate press releases, annual fact sheets, and communications through media outlets and on PCOM’s website; collaborate with team members to maintain updated content on internal communications outlets, such as PCOM intranet and email messages
• Manage the department's administrative functions, including scheduling meetings and events, coordinating travel arrangements, reviewing new and renewal contracts, and monitoring expenses, including accounts payable and receivable; maintain office supplies; assist with annual budget preparation and management reports, as needed
• Identify and implement new software management programs and recommend improved software and methods. Maintain accurate inventory of PCOM-issued equipment assigned to staff, such as phones and laptops
• Manage software and updates for LED City Avenue signage
• Manage all aspects of planning for department events and photoshoots, including scheduling, materials and equipment, and logistics
• Primary liaison with ITS supporting technology needs for the department
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested
• Bachelor's degree or five or more years progressive work experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience working in higher education will be given priority consideration
• High level of technical fluency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, email, and virtual meeting applications, preferably on Google Workspace
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods, up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to view computer screens for extended periods, up to eight hours per day.
• Manual dexterity and mobility in order to use personal computers and other office equipment.
Required documents for your application to be considered:
• Cover Letter
Salary Range: $47,000 - $59,000
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.