The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, caring attitudes, moral values and social responsibility.
Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. HSUHK is listed the 7th (overall) in the ASEAN+ region, the 1st in the Greater China region, and the 1st in Employability as per the 2023 AppliedHE ASEAN+ private university assessment by the Singapore-based AppliedHE. It is also listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021.
The University now invites application for the following position:
Vice-President (Learning and Student Experience) (Ref: VP (LSE) 2023-10-27)
Reporting to the President, the Vice-President (Learning and Student Experience) will be a key member of the senior management team of the University. He/She will be primarily responsible for providing leadership in the development of student learning, growth and success through the University’s “Liberal + Professional” education model. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- to provide leadership in the development of pedagogies applying the latest technology and tools for continuous enhancement of teaching & learning quality;
- to provide leadership for University-wide Common Core Curriculum and General Education programmes and activities;
- to provide leadership for student development programmes and support services, including but not limited to co-curricular activities, student counselling, career planning and internship development, residential colleges, physical education, experiential learning, student exchange, and student organizations liaison, etc;
- to oversee the development of global partnership with established universities and strategic partners overseas and in the Greater China region;
- to provide leadership in the recruitment and retention of non-local regular, exchange and visiting students by working closely with the Admissions Section of the Registry and other relevant units;
- to promote student success and enriching students’ all-round transformative educational experience;
- to oversee the development and performance of offices/units under his/her supervision through appropriate review and monitoring of their strategic plans, budgets, and use of financial, human and physical resources, and
- to chair relevant committees under the Academic Board (AB) and the Senior Management Committee (SMC) as appointed by the President.
Candidates should possess an earned doctoral degree and strong academic track records, with substantial years of relevant administrative experience at a senior level. He/She should also have the passion and vision to help develop a fast-growing value-based private university, with strong interpersonal collaboration, communication and leadership skills.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants with full personal details, are now invited to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or to the Director of Human Resources, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong by mail, on or before 26 November 2023.
Applicants who have submitted their applications earlier do not need to re-apply and those who have not been invited for an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. The University will continue the search until the post is filled and reserve the right not to fill the post if no suitable candidate can be identified.
For postal applications, please mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer.