The Director of The Teachers College Office of Field Placement and Licensure at Emporia State University is a 12-month salaried, administrative position located in Emporia, Kansas.
The Director reports to the Dean of the Teachers College.
The anticipated start date is June 2024.
- Collaborate with academic departments within and outside of The Teachers College regarding initial and advanced teacher education candidates.
- Serve as liaison between The Teachers College and various school partners.
- Supervise staff in the Office of Field Placement and Licensure.
- Direct all aspects of field placement, including but not limited to student teaching and other field-based experiences.
- Responsibilities also include:
- Ensure compliance documents for placements are current and valid.
- Place education students in field experience
- Hire, train, and support adjunct supervisors for field-based experiences.
- Train mentor teachers.
- Collect and organize assessment data for KSDE and CAEP accreditation.
- Monitor candidate progress in student teaching and field-based experiences, preparing and implementing performance contracts as needed.
- Coordinate student teaching orientations and meetings.
- Serve on various department, college, and partner committees, including the Council for Teacher Education and Emporia Teachers Council.
- Doctorate in a field directly related to teacher educator preparation preferred; master’s degree considered.
- Individual should have P-12 teaching experience and hold (or have held) a teaching license/certificate in a P-12 related subject.
- Collaborative individual with good communication and organizational skills.
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Evidence of technology skills including Learning Management Systems.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
Upload a letter of application, vita, unofficial transcripts, and complete contact information for three references here.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.