Spring Adjunct Faculty (ESL / Foreign Language) (On
Spring Adjunct Faculty (ESL / Foreign Language) (On Campus)
Texas A&M International University
Office For Global Initiatives
Proposed Minimum Salary
The International Language Institute seeks to establish a pool of
qualified applicants for future, part-time adjunct teaching
appointments in English as a Second Language / Foreign Language
instruction. Successful applicants may teach up to three courses
within the required discipline at on campus sites as dictated by
student demand, hold office hours, and assist students as needed.
This position requires face-to-face interactions through a regular
schedule of attendance on campus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in bilingual Education, Linguistics, English
Instruction, Multidisciplinary Studies, English as a Second
Language or other related discipline.
- Three or more years of teaching experience.
- Additional relevant education may replace the experience
- Master of Arts in TESOL, Linguistics or related field, or
Certificate in ESL or TESOL / TEFL.
- Experience in foreign language instruction.
- Teaching experience in an intensive ESL program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under stress and with pressing timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Initial review of applications will begin on November 13th ,
- The above job duties may not be performed in every Adjunct
Faculty position and might not include all related duties that may
- Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary appointments, assigned
per semester and on an as-needed basis.
- These temporary appointments are for the Spring 2024 semester
and/or any applicable Spring 2024 Sub-terms.
During the application process you have only one opportunity to
enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the
application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional
documents once you “Submit” the application materials. The software
does not allow you to “Save” your application and return to
complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has
an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Completed employment applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest addressing qualifications
- At least 3 current professional references and their full
- Unofficial transcripts
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application. Incomplete applications will not be
As an employee of the State of Texas, it is your responsibility to
maintain accurate contact information to include your primary work
and residence addresses in your employee file located in Workday.
State of Texas employees who are approved to work outside of the
state of Texas may be subject to state and local taxes of the
locale in which the work is performed. Members of the Texas A&M
University System must comply with those applicable state and local
tax laws. In addition, the employee benefits offered with your
position will be in accordance with and will not exceed those
defined by Texas state law.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Spring-Adjunct-Faculty--ESL---Foreign-Language---On-Campus-_R-067326