Overview of Campus Recruiter
This position is anticipated to last until July 16, 2025.
Continuation is dependent upon funding and business need. Benefits
do apply. Are you still interested in this position?
The Campus Recruiter will work proactively to recruit, support, and
share job opportunities to participants by providing robust support
in career development and job searching. This position will network
with employers, faculty, staff, students, graduates, alumni, and
other staff from other colleges participating in the National
Security Agency (NSA) grant partners to promote the Cybersecurity
Workforce Certification Training Program (CWCT). The Campus
Recruiter will also provide leadership in developing and
maintaining career services to program participants. This person
will partner with internal/external veteran organizations and
non-profits to meet veteran participant needs. The position ends
with the end of the grant expect on July 16, 2025. There is a
possibility, but not guaranteed that the grant may be extended
beyond this period and if so, the position may be extended.
Position will report to the Principal Investigator of the grant -
Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training Program (CWCT)
Duties and Responsibilities of Campus Recruiter
Benefits of Campus Recruiter
- Completes administrative activities such as participant
follow-up and outreach. This includes phone call and email contact
to both current and potential program participants. Such events
take place both during regular business hours and after hours
(evenings and weekends). Coordinates virtual job fairs and career
workshops for current participants.
- Contacts employers and recruiters about potential job
opportunities for program graduates. Maintains positive
relationships with industry and outside organization.
- Data tracking and regular reporting is required.
- This role includes utilizing networking occasions, forming
partnerships, and using effective communication methods to
establish and uphold robust relationships within the business
- Recognize possibilities for broader market presence, build
trust through collaborations, and contribute to the organization's
lasting achievements by fostering enduring relationships.
- This position plays a crucial role in advancing business
relations development to achieve greater opportunities and shared
- Manage, effectively track and recruit potential student groups
with the use of a client relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Use the CRM to assess the effectiveness of various recruitment
efforts and make adjustments based on intake and conversion numbers
for enrollment, completion, and job placement.
- Occasional travel to industry events and grant-related
- Represent and recruit for the CWCT program at these events by
answering questions and promoting the program.
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability,
Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’
vacation your 2nd year plus rollover
- University contribution of 10% to retirement (3 year waiting
- University contributions to Health Savings Account –
- Plus a chance to earn more through participating in University
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental Leave after one year of service
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children
at any Purdue campus
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan
university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our
students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving
approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we
value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate
PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s
sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just
a short drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes
National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away
Education of Campus Recruiter
Experience of Campus Recruiter
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in business, information
technology, marketing, social work, or higher education.
Core Competencies of Campus Recruiter
- One to two years of relevant recruitment and career support
- Experience working with Veteran serving organizations or
- Minimum of one to two years of higher education experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects
- Must possess excellent customer service skills including
working successfully with diverse populations, including (but not
limited to) college and school personnel, teachers, and prospective
- Must possess skills and experience in public speaking.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and stand for long
periods of time.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must possess a willingness and an ability to travel and work a
flexible schedule that includes frequent evenings and
- Must have reliable mode of transportation.
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of
employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful
background check along with a motor vehicle records check if
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed
to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected
veterans are encouraged to apply.