Due to unprecedented growth, The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences at Dakota State University in Madison South Dakota is seeking applicants for tenure-track, full-time (9 month), benefits-eligible, faculty positions in cyber defense and artificial intelligence. If you are interested in teaching and researching in computer forensics, incident response, intrusion detection, data privacy, industrial control systems, and artificial intelligence, please apply today. Please indicate your area of interest in your cover letter. Rank will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
The start date of this position is negotiable – Winter, Spring, or Fall of 2024.
- Teaching a range of applied undergraduate and/or graduate courses in one or more of these areas: computer forensics, incident response, intrusion detection, data privacy.
- Researching and publishing relevant scholarship.
- Active pursuit of grant and funding opportunities.
- Build a strong and active research agenda.
- Additional duties will include advising students, serving on university committees, assisting with recruitment activities.
- PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, cyber security, or a closely related discipline prior to the start date of the appointment. ABD candidates may be considered.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Experience teaching or developing courses with technical, hands-on exercises and labs.
- Potential for scholarly research, publication and attracting external funding in areas related to Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Artificial Intelligence.
Information about the Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences:
The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences currently offers five undergraduate programs, including Computer Science, Cyber Operations, Network and Security Administration, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Game Design. The college offers two master programs, including a Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) with specializations in Cyber Operations and Artificial Intelligence and a Master of Science in Cyber Defense (MSCD), and is planning to offer a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (MSAI) starting Fall 2024. The Beacom College also offers three doctoral programs, including Ph.Ds. in Computer Science, Cyber Operations, and Cyber Defense.
Information about DSU:
Dakota State University is a special focus STEM university with an emphasis in computing information technologies and cyber security across all areas of human endeavor. Over the years, DSU has established its reputation as a distinguished regional and national leader in computer science and cybersecurity education and research. We embrace opportunities to provide our students, faculty, and future collaborators with the most innovative technologies and facilities, to produce transformative research and development, and create an outstanding base of faculty, students, and programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. levels. DSU holds three prestigious designations from the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense, Research, and Cyber Operations.
Among the exciting things happening at Dakota State, is a major public-private partnership in DSU RISING, a gift-driven campaign in two phases, totaling $130 Million. DSU RISING has already produced several major new opportunities and facilities on campus: The Beacom Institute of Technology, the Madison CyberLabs (cyber-related research and technology application across many industries), the Applied Research Lab (DSU-ARL), and the Paulson Cyber Incubator and Entrepreneurial Center. This Fall, DSU also launched the statewide Governors Cyber Academy (K-12 cyber education program).
A major funded project includes the extension of DSU’s Applied Research Corporation (ARC) to a new facility in Sioux Falls, with the purpose of expanding job opportunities for graduates from The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid sick leave, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
For full consideration, please submit all materials by December 4, 2023. The search will remain open until the positions are filled.
About Dakota State University:
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.