Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color. Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College; many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham education.
Earlham College is seeking an Assistant Marketing Professor to join our team!
The Business Department at Earlham College invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Marketing, beginning in the Fall of 2024. The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Marketing and a strong commitment to teaching excellence. In addition to teaching an introductory marketing course, the candidate should be able to teach upper-level undergraduate courses in consumer behavior, social media marketing, and possibly international marketing. We are open to offering a variety of existing and new courses to match the candidate’s areas of specialization.
In addition to teaching and research requirements, the position includes advising and service responsibilities. Faculty have opportunities to conduct research with students, and mentor students in business related competitions and opportunities.
The Department currently offers a Business major with concentrations in areas such as marketing, finance, management and entrepreneurship. Our Business program emphasizes the intersection of business and society, including issues of ethics, sustainability, and social justice. Our classes are 25 students or fewer on average.
- In addition to teaching an introductory marketing course, the candidate should be able to teach upper level undergraduate courses in consumer behavior, digital marketing, and possibly international marketing. We are open to offering a variety of existing and new courses to match the candidate’s areas of specialization.
- The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Marketing and a commitment to teaching excellence.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who can contribute to business analytics courses
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
- Please submit the following application materials through our Earlham Careers Portal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter - Address your interest in the opening explaining your relevant work history as it pertains to this position and teaching effectiveness.
- Statement of DEI – Submit your thoughts and experience with matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and specifically pertains to this position, in a 300 – 1000 word statement. (Examples of helpful topics include: your understanding of DEI principles, past experiences with DEI, and/or future plans to contribute to DEI at Earlham.)
- Statement of your Teaching Philosophy.
- List of Three Professional References with Contact Information
- Submit your graduate and undergraduate unofficial transcripts
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.