Concessions/Relief Manager - 501198
Manage, implement and monitor service standards for all
University Concessions; develop and implement plans for marketing
concessions; administer established policies and procedures to
ensure efficient and profitable operations; provide merchandising,
expense and loss control, sales and profits, budget planning,
facility planning and supervision.
- Manage and coordinate all operations and merchandising
activities of University Concessions to include administering plans
for product mix, pricing structures, delivery services, purchasing,
marketing, and product display; maintain cash receipts and records
and prepare pertinent financial reports.
- Handles acquisition of inventory including processing purchase
orders, receiving, storage and distribution of all food and
supplies to multi-site concession areas.
- Develop and maintain contractual agreements with vendors and
concessionaires to ensure compliance with University policy and
- Recommend procurement of equipment and facilities instrumental
to the performance of operations; coordinate all matters related to
receiving records, invoices, transfers, shortage and damage reports
and purchase orders; supervise periodic physical inventories.
- Evaluate proposed policies and procedures and make
recommendations for increased savings and cost reductions.
- Maintain and administer standards for food production and
handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, safety, dress, alcohol
control, security, and employee/volunteer hygiene in compliance
with appropriate laws and regulations, and University policies and
- Oversees the organization of goods and labor for each event,
including delegating operational assignments to all regular,
non-profit, and offsite food contactors for event preparation,
event operations, and event closing.
- Develops and maintains relationships with non-profit and
vendors organizations to staff University events, including
planning and executing volunteer recruitment activities, meetings
and provides special instruction and orientation for volunteers, as
- Schedules, trains and supervises appr 30-50 volunteers each
event in proper setup of stand, food handling and preparation,
equipment usage, and University policy and procedures during
- Manage staff and students including, but not limited to,
hiring, disciplinary actions, grievances, promotions, transfers and
- Counts cash and consolidates sales receipts/forms to create
deposits at each event; reconciles bank and safe records. Obtains
funds and transports deposits between event locations.
Serve as relief operations manager in other operations in Dining
Represent the University and Dining Services at athletic meeting
and in public.
- Handles customer services needs and complaints; addresses and
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Environment: Equal portions of work inside and outside of
buildings throughout the year
- Exposure Encountered: Hazardous chemicals, loud noise, extreme
heat and cold at times.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Standing and walking for
extended periods of time, shifts to exceed 8 hours, ability to lift
50 lbs, ability to rotate stock in dry storage, refrigeration, and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- General knowledge of concessions food and labor costs.
- Thorough knowledge of reading, writing, and mathematic
- Thorough knowledge in customer service skills.
- Position requires friendly, pleasant disposition, positive
attitude, must enjoy working with people, and be willing to enforce
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain excellent attendance and have
flexibility in shifts worked.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be responsible for
problem solving and show ability to multi-task.
- Position requires attention to detail and excellent
- Serve Safe certification or ability to take and pass course
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to
produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving
history in good standing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in food service management or
related field or equivalent combination of education or
- 3 years' experience in management of a large scale concessions
venue, serving food is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Schedule varies, follows athletics events calendar.; 7.75
hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; this includes nights and weekends.
- This position is designated as essential personnel and is
subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency
basis and is also subject to planned overtime work as required by
the immediate supervisor.
SALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $46,114.00 to
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE