GSU Log Number
Limited-Term Instructor of SPANISH
Georgia State University is a national model for innovation and
opening opportunities for all, ranked 2nd most innovative by U.S.
News & World Report, ranked 1st among public universities in
undergraduate teaching, the number 1 nonprofit university to award
bachelor’s degrees to African American students, 6th in the country
for its first-year student experience, and highly ranked for
enabling the social and economic mobility of its students. Among
the most diverse universities in the nation, Georgia State opens
global perspectives as the number 1 U.S. public university sending
African American students to study abroad.
A regional gateway to higher education, the five suburban Perimeter
College campuses provide more than 30 associate degree pathways.
The downtown Atlanta campus offers more than 250 degree programs in
100 fields of study at the undergraduate, graduate and
first-professional degree levels.
With five university-wide research centers and numerous centers and
institutes at the college and school levels, Georgia State’s
interdisciplinary, dynamic and productive research enterprises
address major health and societal challenges.
Georgia State is vital to the regional economy, with a more than
$2.9 billion economic impact, and is also a vital part of Atlanta’s
vibrant arts and entertainment community, with highly regarded
programs in music, art, creative writing and film, the Rialto
Center for the Arts, and the Creative Media Industries Institute
that contributes to innovation and the workforce for interactive
media and media entrepreneurship.
Full Time Faculty
About the Department
The Humanities Department at Perimeter College delivers a top-tier
education and exceptional access to hands-on experiences. Our cadre
of highly accomplished faculty not only prepare students for
proficiency in their prospective fields, but also to be effective
and engaged citizens who think critically. The study of World
Languages enables students to communicate in languages other than
English, gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures and
participate in multilingual communities at home and around the
world. World language skills prepare students to communicate in a
global and culturally diverse society. Perimeter College students
also can fulfill their requirements in the Humanities by studying
Limited-term instructor positions are non-tenure track,
term-to-term appointments renewable up to four semesters.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing 18 semester hours of instruction per semester
- Maintaining at least 8 office hours per week
- Working effectively, collaboratively, and professionally with
faculty, staff, and students
- Connecting students with institutional resources to promote
student success and progression
A minimum of a Master’s degree in Spanish (completed by the date of
appointment) or a minimum of a Master’s degree with at least 18
semester or 27 quarter graduate hours in relevant coursework
(completed by the anticipated date of appointment) is
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience teaching a variety of undergraduate level Spanish
- Prior online teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The candidate should possess:
- The ability to teach Spanish courses at the college level
- The ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods and
- The ability to incorporate evidence-based pedagogy and/or
innovative instructional technology in the discipline
- The ability to maintain appropriate records
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations, etc
A Criminal History Check is required.
Position may require non-standard hours (including day, evening,
online, hybrid, weekend and/or other campus locations).
$21,216 per term with Master's degree in discipline; $23,719 per
term with terminal degree in discipline.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Qualified applicants must provide the following application
materials to be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
- Letter of application/cover letter Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Unofficial Transcript of all graduate degrees completed.
Official transcripts must to provided if an offer is accepted.
- Foreign Degree Transcripts is required for foreign graduate
- Three (3) professional references. Professional reference will
provide letters of recommendation via a secured and confidential
link provided in a notification email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * A minimum of a Master's degree required with at least 18
semester or 27 quarter graduate hours in relevant coursework or a
Master's degree in Biology with at least 18 semester or 27 quarter
graduate hours in relevant environmental science coursework
(completed by the anticipated start date of the appointment) is
required. Do you currently meet at least one of the requirements
- * If you answered "No" to the previous question, please list
the anticipated date the degree will be conferred in space provided
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education/Vitae
- Computing Research Association
- Diverse Jobs
- Circa Works
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts of All Graduate-Level Degrees Completed
or In Progress
- Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluation
- Philosophy of Teaching/Teaching Portfolio
- Syllabus Examples
- Teaching Evaluations
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3