Salary for Announcement
The minimum of the pay range for this position is $40,000. We
anticipate the qualified candidate to be placed between $46,300 -
$48,100 . The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will
be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
Additionally, Student Affairs has committed to tying our salaries
to an understanding of a living wage. To that end, we will not pay
less than $46,300.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
Join an Office of Admissions team that is enthusiastic about
promoting access to higher education by supporting prospective and
incoming Metropolitan State University of Denver Roadrunners. The
position is specifically part of the Office of Admissions, Transfer
Services, and contributes to the MSU Denver Mission to provide a
high-quality, accessible, enriching education that prepares
students for successful careers, post-graduate education and
lifelong learning in a multicultural, global and technological
The Transfer Admissions Counselor’s main responsibility is to
recruit and support future and incoming MSU Denver Roadrunners. The
team member will provide high quality customer service, transfer
admissions counseling, previous course review, and academic
planning advice to prospective MSU Denver transfer students. The
Transfer Admissions Counselor will recruit at and maintain a
regular visitation schedule at Colorado community colleges and
establish positive working relationships with academic advising
staff at those colleges. The position supports the enrollment
function by assisting accepted transfer students with completing
the enrollment process. The Transfer Admissions Counselor
participates in group and individual presentations both on and off
campus and regularly follows up with students via phone and email
communication. The Transfer Admissions Counselor will provide
leadership for the development and implementation of a
comprehensive adult non-traditional student outreach and
The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, collaborative,
detail-oriented, hardworking, understand the value and implications
of a college degree, and value diversity in providing high quality
customer service to future and incoming Roadrunners.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity
40% – University On-Campus Efforts
25% – Recruitment & Outreach
- Advise prospective transfer students about admission
procedures, academic planning,ability of previous college credits
to transfer, course equivalency, university policies, the financial
aid process, scholarships, program requirements, registration,
tuition classification, and available student support
- Maintain regular contact with prospective students
- MSU Denver information and to provide academic planning.
- Collaborate with MSU Denver staff and faculty to provide a
better transition for incoming transfer students.
- Establish strong working relationships with academic advisors
and academic departments in order to successfully develop and
execute transfer articulation agreements with a variety of
- Assist transfer students with resolution of transfer related
20% – Adult Non-Traditional Student Recruitment
- Represent MSU Denver at Colorado community colleges, career
education fairs,advising workshops, panel discussions, and other
relevant recruitment events.
- Maintain a regular visitation schedule for recruitment and
advising purposes at Colorado community colleges and potential
out-of-state community colleges.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of outreach and
communication for targeted transfer students and of special on and
off-campus recruitment-related events (use of email, phone, and
Customer Relationship Management system).
- To support the diverse student body and emerging HSI (Hispanic
Serving Institution)status of MSU Denver, this position may entail
written and verbal communication in Spanish as part of their
10% – Presentations to prospective and admitted
- Develop and implement an adult non-traditional student outreach
and recruitment plan.
- Provide opportunities for prospective adult non-traditional
students to learn about programs and services at MSU Denver through
on-campus and off-campus activities,including visits to adult
education programs, community-based organizations,businesses, and
other relevant adult non-traditional student events.
- Execute marketing, recruitment and outreach activities and
campaigns with the intent of achieving adult non-traditional
student recruitment inquiries.
- Partner with community agencies, organizations, adult education
programs and employers for resource fairs, information sessions and
- Create a calendar of outreach and recruitment events both on
- Utilize data to develop and implement recruitment/marketing
strategies to achieve adult non-traditional student recruitment
goals for inquiries, prospects, applications, admits and enrolled
- Generate prospective adult non-traditional student referrals
through networking and community outreach.•
- Provide prospective adult non-traditional students with the
highest level of customer service through effective phone, email
and face-to-face communication.
- Serve as a liaison for prospective adult non-traditional
students between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, Transfer
Student Success, Retention, and Advising as they relate to the
transition of adult non-traditional students.
5% – Miscellaneous duties
- Prepare and make individual and group presentations to
prospective transfer students regarding the application,
admissions, and transfer credit process, including campus tour
presentations, orientation sessions, prospective and admitted
student events,community college fairs and panels, and other
relevant community events.
- Involvement in the campus community through committees,
campus-wide events, and opportunities for shared governance.
- Attend professional development conferences and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet ALL required qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- A minimum of 1 year full-time or 3 years part-time experience
working in higher education, secondary education, or another field
focused on high quality customer service.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience providing presentations to groups.
- A valid driver’s license, due to required frequent travel for
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking and writing).
- Experience working at a community college.
- Skilled at assisting college students in degree planning.
- At least 2 years experience working in admissions or advising
in a higher education setting.
- Previous experience leading strategic initiatives
- Experience providing high quality customer service through
face-to-face interactions with clients, customers, or
- Knowledge of transfer coursework and transfer agreements.
- Experience using a Student Information System database or
Customer Relationship Management system.
- Master’s degree in higher education, counseling or related
Instructions to Apply
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Extensive weekend and
evening work may be required during the fall and spring semesters.
<10% overnight travel
For full consideration, please submit the following
- Cover letter describing relevant job experiences as they relate
to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
If you are an Internal applicant, please apply via the Career
tab within the WorkDay Menu
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their
resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes
how they meet ALL required qualifications.
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To
request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 58% first generation students and over 50% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and